TPX Session Management for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  Are TPX macros documented anywhere?

Posted May 10, 2018 10:50 AM

I need to write a TPX user exit. I can find no doc that lists the TPX macros and what they do. By trolling through the Programming Guide, I found some macros documented by particular function. And by looking at the sample exits I found more macros. But that's not a very good/efficient approach. Neither is listing out the maclib members and looking at each of them individually.    

Thanks!   

• 2.  Re: Are TPX macros documented anywhere?
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2018 12:17 PM

Currently, the CA TPX user macros are in related topics in TPX Programming, mainly in Setting Up User Exits.
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-tpx-session-management/5-4/en/programming/tpx-programming/setting-up-user-exits

Your idea of central topic for all user exposed macros is being reviewed and we plan to implement that in a phased approach. No timeframe as yet.

In the meantime, for specific problems or general assistance in creating your exit, please contact CA Support and we can assist. While Support cannot write nor support a custom exit, we may be able to provide direction and technical information from Sustaining Engineering.

• 3.  Re: Are TPX macros documented anywhere?

Posted May 15, 2018 10:03 AM

Thanks, Gail.

While "already exists -- loom here" would have beat out "we plan to implement", but at least it wasn't "forget it".   :-)  I do think this will be helpful. At this point, I have got my exit written, so the immediate crunch is off. But this will be helpful in the future, and for others.

• 4.  Re: Are TPX macros documented anywhere?

Posted May 15, 2018 10:31 AM

Thanks, Rebecca.  We do plan to publish incrementally on docops as we build the information.  The top ten list has already been identified internally.  Once we have the first update, I will post a link here.