TPX Session Management for z/OS

View Only
  • 1.  IBM Session Manager (ISM) to CA TPX conversion

Posted Jun 01, 2018 11:28 AM

We are currently using IBM Session Manager (ISM) and looking to convert to CA TPX.

TPX panels and features looks similar to ISM which makes our conversion easy.

The only thing that we are having trouble with is converting the thousands of User Profiles.

Can anyone help here or, has anyone converted the ISM user profiles to TPX, please?

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: IBM Session Manager (ISM) to CA TPX conversion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 02:58 AM

Hi  Durgaraj

I saw this entry now. I believe some clients have done their own scripts during this transmission to TPX. There are no utilities with the product.

I am chasing people internally at CA to see if any of those are available.

I'll update you.

I am in CA MF presale.

Regards

Jorgen 

• 3.  Re: IBM Session Manager (ISM) to CA TPX conversion

Posted Jun 07, 2018 07:42 AM

Hi Jorgen,

Thanks a lot for that, it would be very useful.

Regrads,

Durga.

• 4.  Re: IBM Session Manager (ISM) to CA TPX conversion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 02:48 AM

Hi Durga

Unfortunately i have not been able to find a conversion utility for you. I know of one client who produced a script to convert IBM user format to TPX user format and used the batch utilities available with TPX to define users. I could not get hold of this script. The manuals describing batch utilities are available on docops.ca.com, and this link points directly to the batch utilities: Batch Administration - CA TPX™ Session Management - 5.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Please note that CA support will also be able to support you in the migration process. You are welcome to open support tickets with your questions and concerns. You need to be registered as a user if you are not alreday.

My direct mail is jorgen.dam@ca.com.

Regards Jørgen

• 5.  Re: IBM Session Manager (ISM) to CA TPX conversion

Posted Jun 21, 2018 06:49 AM

Hi Jorgen,

Thanks for the information.

Regards,

Durgaraj Narasimman

Mainframe Communications Server Support, ZNA.

DXC Technology

Tower-1B, DLF IT Park | 1/124, Shivaji Garden, Ramapuram, Chennai 600089, | TAMILNADU | INDIA |

Global Infrastructure and Enterprise Services   | Ph : (91)44-4372-2230 | M: (91)89396-31340 |

USA 855-890-5908 Extn.722230 | UK 870-850-3512 Extn.722230 | Australia 1800-182-237 Extn.722230

dnarasimman@csc.com