CA TPX Session Management for z/OS

Expand all | Collapse all

If you could change one thing about CA Chorus Software Manager, what would it be?

• 1.  If you could change one thing about CA Chorus Software Manager, what would it be?

Posted 08-07-2014 12:42 PM

If you could change one thing about CA Chorus Software Manager (CA CSM) what would that one thing be?

Please come on over to the CA Chorus community submit and idea so we can capture the request.

You can find the community here: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-chorus

• 2.  Re: If you could change one thing about CA Chorus Software Manager, what would it be?

Posted 08-07-2014 12:53 PM

I would make the product accessible through a cloud / pc applicaiton where you would not be dependent on mutliple teams to make it work at a site, particularly when teams often do not have a vested interest in making it work.  I would like to use CSM everywhere I install CA products, but it's just not possible because of installation or security issues.

• 3.  Re: If you could change one thing about CA Chorus Software Manager, what would it be?

Posted 08-07-2014 01:27 PM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the comment.   As you know installing products in a zOS or mainframe environment requires some amount of security and authorization. Reading your comment If we had a small-ish agent to perform the SMP/E work and then either a cloud or pc application to be the interface between the human and the mainframe, would something in that direction be more what you are looking for?

• 4.  Re: If you could change one thing about CA Chorus Software Manager, what would it be?

Posted 08-08-2014 09:43 AM

Cut down (or cut out) space related issues.

• 5.  Re: If you could change one thing about CA Chorus Software Manager, what would it be?

Posted 08-15-2014 09:31 AM

LIke MikeBailey said, it'd be great if you offered your ideas over at the new The specified item was not found. community.