CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-11-2017 05:49 AM

Can CA-librarian integrate with Jenkins

• 2.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-11-2017 11:42 AM

Hello @arunkumarnk,

Thank you for reaching out to the Customer Care community, I will forward your question to the CA Mainframe Community to assist you with your inquiry regarding CA-Librarian.

• 3.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-11-2017 12:16 PM

Hello Arun,

Can you elaborate - what is Jenkins?

June

• 4.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-12-2017 12:48 AM
      |   view attached

Hi June,

Good Morning.

Thank you for your support.

Jenkins is an open source tool which acts a Continuous integration server we when integrated with SCM, code quality analysis tool, Testing tool etc.

It is widely used in applications involving open/distributed system programming languages like Java.

Jenkins can also play a continuous integration server role for Mainframes when integrated with SCM, code quality analysis tool, Testing tool etc.

So I was exploring if we can integrate CA-Librarian with Jenkins.

I am looking at integration options for below CA tools for Mainframes with Jenkins and IDz(IBM Developer for Z systems) an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for Applications involving COBOL programs:

CA-Librarian

CA-Panvalet

CA-Endevor

CA-Intertest

CA-File Master <https://www.ca.com/us/products/ca-file-master-plus.html>

So wanted to know more about these. Could you please give me some pointers to explore these

Thank you,

Arun

Mob:+91-9986238781

• 5.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins
    Best Answer

Posted 10-12-2017 06:59 PM

Hi Arun,

There is no integration for Librarian or Panvalet with Jenkins.  However, there is integration for Endevor with Jenkins.

How important is this Jenkins integration to your business for Librarian and Panvalet?

June

• 6.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-12-2017 11:58 PM

Hi June,

Thank you for your response.

We are just looking at different possibilities of integrations for the CA tools.

If Librarian and Panvalet does not gel with Jenkins. We will have a look at different possibilities like getting RTC(IBM Rational Team Concert) as a CI server.

We are still in the process of creating different approaches based on available data.Will get back to you if I require more details around it.

Thank you for your support

Thank you,

Arun

• 7.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-13-2017 03:58 AM

Hi June,

In addition to the below we wanted know little more on “there is integration for Endevor with Jenkins.”

We understand that we have a plugin “Compuware Source Code Download for Endevor, PDS, and ISPW” when used we can use Endevor as scm tool for Jenkins.

Want to know this plugin works irrespective of which IDE tool(Compuware Topaz Workbench or IBM IDz) is being used.

Or does it work only when we make use of Compuware Topaz Workbench as an IDE.

The confusion here is due to the Jenkins plugin for Endevor ““Compuware Source Code Download for Endevor, PDS, and ISPW” starts with Compuware.

So wanted some more inputs around this.

Thank you,

Arun

• 8.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-11-2017 05:18 PM

Thanks Mike for pointing me to the Jenkins web site.

Based on what I see on the Jenkins site, it is a PC based product.

CA Librarian has no integration facilities for Jenkins.

June

• 9.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-16-2017 05:20 AM

Hi Arun

I work in CA MF presale.

At CA we are currently developing an interface between Jenkins (and GIT) and CA Endevor. It will be available soon. I can arrange communication with you if you want to provide input to required functionality.

With CA Endevor v18, CA provide REST API to all Endevor functionality and that is what we use in communication with Jenkins. We also use the REST API to communicate with the Eclipse UI, a plugin, that is available with Endevor. The CA Endevor Eclipse plugin integrates with other CA development tool like CA Intertest, CA Filemaster, CA Symdump and the IDE we provide, CA development environment for Z. 

The Endevor plugin will work directly with Topaz and IBM IDz (where IBM's CARMA is also an option).

We also provide webhooks with Endevor for another way of communication with the solution.

So no need anymore for additional tools for download.

Please see https://www.ca.com/us/products/ca-endevor-software-change-manager.html. On www.ca.com you can find all relevant information for all CA solutions.

Let me know directly if I can assist you further.(jorgen.dam@ca.com)

Cheers

Jorgen

• 10.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-16-2017 05:53 AM

Hi Jorgen,

The information shared below is very useful. We are going through it to get a better understanding around CA tools and its integration with other Mainframe tools/softwares/plugins.

In case if we require any more information, we will reach out to you.

Thank you very much for your support

Thank you,

Arun

• 11.  Re: CA Librarian Integration with Jenkins

Posted 10-17-2017 04:08 AM

Hi Jorgen,

I am looping in my colleague Monika here. She is also working on a similar thread with a client.

@Monika,

Please connect with Jorgen for any conversation on this.

Thank you,

Arun