Endevor

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

• 1.  NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Posted Feb 19, 2020 01:52 PM
    Putting no source loads under Endevor. I did this before 2010. But now I am being told its no longer supported. On can add a load under a basic type and get basic load info but I find the CSECT information to be inconsistent between load members/elements. Some shows the expected dates of each csect, then all csects are the same date even though i know that the primary program was compiled on a different date. Thoughts.

------------------------------
    Endevor Admin Ronald OLoughlin
    SSA

• 2.  RE: NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2020 03:12 AM
    Hi Ronald,

Can you check the documentation here https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/devops/ca-endevor-software-change-manager/18-1/administrating/load-modules.html and let us know if this is what you are looking for ?

Regards,
    Ollivier

• 3.  RE: NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Posted Feb 20, 2020 05:37 PM
    Hi I read that days ago. Plus I have used this in the past. Its the csect info that Endevor produces is what I find inconsistent.

Endevor Admin
    SSA

• 4.  RE: NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Posted Feb 20, 2020 08:40 AM
    Hi Ron, We have nosource loads managed by Endevor and all is working fine.  Regards, Phil

Phil Gineo
    Senior Systems Engineer
    Aetna / CVS Health
    Hartford Connecticut USA

• 5.  RE: NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Posted Feb 20, 2020 05:28 PM
    Hello Ron,

I have Object code stored under Endevor as Full Image Delta Format - - with a Source Length of 32K and compare 1 - 1 since 2004.   The processor copies the LOAD from the TSOLOAD into the correct libraries and then migrated like all other types.

So I am very curious as to who said it is no longer supported and at what release, I am currently on 18.0.10.

We have not experienced any issues with the CSECT Information nor footprint information.

Phon​

Software Engineer
    Enterprise Technology
    Fiserv
    Ky, USA

• 6.  RE: NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Posted Feb 20, 2020 05:45 PM
    This is the response I got from support - Endevor was not designed analyze a load. So what you are doing is not supported. I'm surprised you got what you did. 
    Again, I get the real basic info on the load, its the CSECT info. I'm sure the support team will resolve it.

Endevor Admin
    SSA

• 7.  RE: NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Posted Feb 21, 2020 10:11 AM
    Hi Ron,
    The one question I don't see being asked are these PDS or PDS/e Loadlibs?  I haven't played with "loadonly"s in ages but to my recollection Endevor is calling AMBLIST under the covers for these types.  Have you run an AMBLIST outside endevor to compare it's results with Endevor's Results?
    KT

• 8.  RE: NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2020 10:23 AM
    Our Common Services team delivers IBM Stub programs with their products and we use LOADONLY to store them in Endevor and obtain the loadmodule FROM Endevor into our PTF Packaging system.  Using LOADONLY is an integral part of the process and we couldn't deliver the stubs without it.

The support of LOADONLY is present and as long as the input loadlib is not corrupted in any way (IEBCOPY or ISPF 3.3 Copy can sometimes Pack or Unpack the modules) the Footprint analyzer in Endevor will provide the AMBLIST report and store it in Endevor.  

The processor can populate an Endevor controlled library using BSTCOPY and help maintain the outputs.

I've not heard anything about LOADONLY not being supported.

It is very useful and alive!

Bernie Beriau

Endevor Administrator
    CA Technologies/Broadcom

• 9.  RE: NO SOURCE Loads under Endevor

Posted Feb 25, 2020 02:31 PM
    How's this going Ron❓

Phil Gineo
    Senior Systems Engineer