Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  CAFC and ENDEVOR

Posted Aug 20, 2019 06:10 PM
    Hey - hoping someone may have information on this.  The Processor for our COBOL CICS runs through the CAFC product to perform the newcopy (happens to be using program AFCP2016).  After running a package with 27 COBOL CICS programs in it, 5 of them got a RC 90 on the Newcopy step.  When viewing the Newcopy job that is kicked off from the Processor you see:

-PROCNAME STEPNAME PROGRAM     RC  
    -         NEWC2    AFCP2016    00  
    -         NOTIFYF1 IKJEFT1B    00  
    -         NOTIFYF2 IEBUPDTE    00  

However, in Endevor you see:
    C1X0012I  STEP NEWC INVOKING PROGRAM AFCP2016
    C1X0010I  STEP NEWC PROGRAM AFCP2016 COMPLETED, RC=0090

I know this isn't much to go on, but I've spoken to my CAFC person who says this RC is being initiated by NDVRC1.  I'm not sure where to look next.  I'm not seeing any obvious messages to indicate anything is wrong.  Does this mean anything to anyone?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: CAFC and ENDEVOR

Posted Aug 21, 2019 11:01 AM
    Hi Felicity,  Are you using the PHASEIN option with your NEWCOPY? That RC can come from a program being in use. I fought with this a few years ago when we installed Endevor, and almost resorted to using console commands to do the NEWCOPY.

------------------------------
    Systems Programmer
    Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance

• 3.  RE: CAFC and ENDEVOR

Posted Sep 11, 2019 03:29 PM
    HI,  Sorry, I just saw this.  (So many other fires since this one!!)  ​Our newcopy statement has the PHA after the modules name, so I assume that means phased in?  Out of 30 elements only 3 failed with a rc 90, but when I speak to our CICS support folks, they tell me that the newcopied successfully.  Does that sound familiar?

Thanks.

Sr. Staff Systems Engineer
    VISA