Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Peter McCullough Retirement

Posted Oct 25, 2019 12:51 PM

Link to video on VIMEO:
    https://vimeo.com/368828468/eadd4a00d7
    Hi Pete,

I Can't believe your retirement is here.

I've known you for 25+ years!  I'm so happy our paths crossed back in the 90's.

We've kept in touch all these years and I look forward to keeping in touch with you going forward.

You have a truly amazing way of taking a very complex topic and breaking it down in such a way that everyone understands.

Your technical knowledge on topics we've discussed over the years is so very impressive, I'll never forget this.

Your presentations are always right on target.

Your delivery style is the best.

You make people feel comfortable, so they open-up with questions and feedback.

You have a way of describing a technical topic in such a way that is entertaining to the audience.  This is not an easy thing to do.

I never once saw you lose your patience.

You always make people feel important and you handle questions, no matter how complex or simple, with absolute professionalism and with just the right touch of friendship mixed in.

Thank you so much too for your support of Endevor Users of New England and all the other Endevor User Communities out there.  You were a true leader in the User Community program.

We had so much fun together over the years at all the CA World venues.  I loved those informal I-NUGE meetings we had during CA World.

I am so honored to have worked with you all these years.  You will be missed so much Pete.

I'm sure your retirement will be fantastic because fantastic things happen to fantastic people.

I bid you a fond farewell Mr. Peter McCullough, the Mayor of Endevor.

------------------------------
    Phil Gineo
    Senior Systems Engineer
    CVS Heatlh/MBI Solutions
    Hartford Connecticut USA

• 2.  RE: Peter McCullough Retirement

Posted Oct 28, 2019 11:28 AM
    Pete,
        Phil said it all so I'll keep mine short.  Enjoy your well deserved retirement, your leadership of the Endevor community is . . . wait for it . . . nothing short of legendary!
        You will be greatly missed.

Sherri

Sherri Banuelos
    Manager – CICS, Endevor and TAPS Support
    Global Infrastructure Services
    Experian IT Services
    Allen, Texas

• 3.  RE: Peter McCullough Retirement

Posted Oct 29, 2019 01:22 AM
    Thanks for sharing the video and pictures @Philip Gineo

You guys have been so lucky to have Peter at your doorstep and have easy access to him whenever you need.
    It's been an absolute pleasure knowing and working with Peter over many (lost count) years at the CA World Conferences and the rare visits to Australia.​

I wish you well @Peter McCullough. Happy Retirement!​​​​​​​

• 4.  RE: Peter McCullough Retirement

Posted Oct 29, 2019 01:54 PM
    Nice tribute! I add my thanks for all your support over the years. I wish you all the best on your next adventure.

Dana
    PepsiCo / AAFES / BAC / MBNA / EDS / Worldcom / MCI (1996 - 2001)      

P.S. Will it be easier or harder to get Endevor changes now? Asking for a friend ;)

• 5.  RE: Peter McCullough Retirement

Posted Oct 30, 2019 09:46 AM
    Edited by Phontilla Shuffitt Oct 30, 2019 09:48 AM
    @Peter McCullough

Thanks for being there from the very beginning, you have made ENDEVOR exciting and have truly fostered the adoption throughout the world.  It has been so gratifying to see suggestions that were made by myself and other users to be incorporated into the product, that endeavor paved the way for other products to utilize the DAR concept.  You are an innovator and an inspiration to so many and I am proud to say that I have known you for the past 28 years, thus has made my job much easier knowing that I could count on expertise like yours.  I remember in the beginning you wanted to remain behind the scenes, but I am so proud that you took that leap and became a spokesman for the product which made ENDEVOR so successful.  ​​You will be greatly missed, but I do wish you grand accolades which is well deserved and a promise for a bright future in retirement.

Thank you Phil for keeping this post going, I concur with your post and Pete will be missed by so many including me.

Software Engineer
    Fiserv
    Ky,USA

• 6.  RE: Peter McCullough Retirement

Posted Oct 30, 2019 01:47 PM
    Pete

Phil Gineo
    Senior Systems Engineer
    CVS Heatlh/MBI Solutions