Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Type Definition

Posted May 19, 2020 09:56 AM
    ​Anyone know a way to change the length of a Type definition when there is inventory in the Environment/Stage.  I need to change the length of a Type, but there is inventory in PROD.  Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

------------------------------
    Felicity

• 2.  RE: Type Definition

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 04:35 PM
    Hello Felicity.

You might try using an ARCHIVE to capture the elements into a dataset, change the type length, then do a RESTORE to put them back.

• 3.  RE: Type Definition

Posted May 27, 2020 09:36 AM
    ​that sounds interesting Walter.  We can see if our archive issues is still there at the same time.  I'll check that out.  Thanks.

Felicity

• 4.  RE: Type Definition

Posted May 27, 2020 08:55 AM

Hi Felicity,
    Over 15 years ago I increased the size of the source for one of our types from 80 to 137 to store HTML for bridged CICS Maps.  We were able to do it dynamically because our source and delta libraries are ELIBs.  

Now we no longer use the HTML because we stopped using the bridged access to the CICS maps.  i don't know if I can shrink the size back down to 80 from 137, truncating the source.

• 5.  RE: Type Definition

Posted May 27, 2020 09:31 AM
    ​Thanks Bruce.  My understanding is that I only have to change the source output library.  We are NOT using ELIBS, so I'm just nervous about trying to change the PROD dataset when there is so much data in there.  I'm always nervous about the footprint integrity, so I value information from others who have done this.  Thanks very much.

Felicity