Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Alternate Userid

Posted Sep 18, 2019 12:44 PM
    Hi,

Sorry, but I have a quick question.  We have a few Service Accounts that work with some of our Endevor Processes.  I need to determine which ID is the 'alternate' ID, or which ID is being used for certain activities.  I ran a job with the $TRAUI trace on and couldn't find what I need.  Unfortunately, we don't use the 'standard' ship panels to ship our packages, we use an 'internal job with some Rexx programs in it".  I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me where I might look in the output to find out this information.  We use NDM and I see a SIGNON and SIGNOFF statement, but no ID.  The RACFUID is not set to anything and the 'ship with alt-id' is not turned on in the options table.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Felicity

• 2.  RE: Alternate Userid

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 04:03 PM
    Hi,

It's defined in the variable RACFUID= in the C1DEFLTS table.  You can also go to the "Environment Options" menu and select option 1. It's in there someplace.

Richard

• 3.  RE: Alternate Userid

Posted Sep 18, 2019 04:52 PM

Unfortunately, the RACFUID is blank in the table.  Thanks anyway.

Felicity Vaughan 

Host SCM – Endevor Admin.

Office:  303-389-8325  (6-750-8325)

Cell:     720-503-8348

• 4.  RE: Alternate Userid
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 05:11 PM
    Hi Felicity,

i think you you need to review you customisation in the host jcl.  It's normally here that you configure a remote Userid. See  
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/devops/ca-endevor-software-change-manager/18-0/administrating/package-administration/package-ship-facility/how-to-set-up-package-ship/how-to-enable-package-ship.html#concept.dita_359ccb83ebab31ee9e03af8e52c8adfadcb841f5_ConfiguretheHostJCL

Here you will find descriptions of hoe to configure the remote Userid:

• Enable the JCL to pass security checks by including the USERID and PASSWORD keywords on the job statement, if your site requires it. You can do this by including these keywords in one of the &C1BJC.n statements. For example:
    Happy to help if you need more information.

Sr Principal Software Engineer

• 5.  RE: Alternate Userid

Posted Sep 18, 2019 06:54 PM

Thank Eoin,

I think I've got what I need for audit, but I appreciate the input, and I'll certainly try go over this information again.

Thanks for your response.

Felicity Vaughan 

• 6.  RE: Alternate Userid

Posted Sep 19, 2019 08:30 AM
    For future reference, you might want to take a look at your SMF reports and CSV extracts. You should be able to "trends" in which user id is doing which actions. 

This assumes. of course, that you have SMF recording turned on.... which I highly recommend!

Consultant
    John D Consulting Inc.

• 7.  RE: Alternate Userid

Posted Sep 19, 2019 09:53 AM

Thanks John,  great idea!!

Felicity Vaughan 

Host SCM – Endevor Admin.

Office:  303-389-8325  (6-750-8325)

Cell:     720-503-8348