Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  What exactly IS the status of CMEW?

Posted Apr 19, 2018 12:20 PM

I'm lost and/or confused.

The last I saw, CMEW was "stabilized" (I think).... but what exactly does this mean? I still see references to it (manuals, screens, etc) so clearly its existence is still acknowledged.

There are still things I'd like to consider USING with the tool (like web access for approving packages or, believe it or not, enterprise packages) but can I still acquire the software?

• 2.  Re: What exactly IS the status of CMEW?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 01:22 PM

• 3.  Re: What exactly IS the status of CMEW?

Posted Apr 19, 2018 02:13 PM

Hi Craig!

That "sort of" answers my question but only from an enhancement request perspective.

It doesn't really answer my question of whether I should (or can) consider using the tool or what software replace(s)(d) the tool if I don't already have it on an active license. Or what plans there are to address the deficit (lack of a web/mobile interface to Endevor as provided by CA). 

I sort of get the impression I'm just plain out of luck if I want a CA supported web interface to Endevor.... 

• 4.  Re: What exactly IS the status of CMEW?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 02:49 PM

John:

You have Endevor Eclipse plugin to perform Endevor actions on your local machine through webservices. You can perform element and package actions from your desktop. You can add from or retrieve to local file, USS file, or mainframe PDS. All other element actions are supported.   You can currently perform most package actions under the latest release.

regards,

Craig

• 5.  Re: What exactly IS the status of CMEW?

Posted Apr 19, 2018 02:54 PM

I guess in the end all I really want is this: Bring Back Endevor Webstation with Mobility 

Eclipse for Managers/Approvers is kind of overkill.... 

• 6.  Re: What exactly IS the status of CMEW?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 03:47 PM

O.K., you are looking for the Holy Grail of package approvals. There is something planned, but I don't have the details.

regards,

Craig Fontaine