Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Change to CA SDM Change Order Remote Record Detail

Posted Feb 14, 2018 10:54 AM

When integrated with CA SDM we could see Change order related from the remote record tab.

When doble click a remote record detail form appears with Change Order detail (some default fields).

Could we make some changes to this form in order to show some custom fields? or as an workaroud, could we make the remote record link directly to SDM change order URL instead of this ALC form.

Thanks for your comments.

Best Regards,

JOHN

• 2.  Re: Change to CA SDM Change Order Remote Record Detail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 05:45 PM

John,

It almost feels like its a restriction of some sort (or configuration change ) on ALC side.  I'll see if I can move this over to that community somehow.

Thx

_R

• 3.  Re: Change to CA SDM Change Order Remote Record Detail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 05:51 PM

Hello CA Mainframe DevOps community members,

Would one of you be able to clarify if there's a configuration change of some sort on Application Lifecycle Conductor (ALC) that would help expose CA Service Desk Manager (SDM) forms to have additional custom attributes in SDM to show up in ALC?  Checkout John's question at the beginning of this thread.

Thank you

_R

• 4.  Re: Change to CA SDM Change Order Remote Record Detail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 01, 2018 03:24 PM

The form cannot be changed at this time, but the basic place holders for custom fields (the predefined DB fields) should show.

Instead of your proposed workaround of making the remote record link directly to SDM change order URL, you should use a URL Attachment instead for this.  https://docops.ca.com/ca-alc/3-0/en/using/manage-items/add-attachments-to-items#AddAttachmentstoItems-CreateURLAttachments

Let me know if this makes sense and answers your question. 

• 5.  Re: Change to CA SDM Change Order Remote Record Detail

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2018 05:03 PM

Thank you Melinda 

John,

Does that help answer your question?

Thx

_R