Endevor

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Lenn Thompson

Lenn ThompsonMay 10, 2017 10:53 AM

• 1.  New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 10, 2017 10:19 AM

Are you a CA Endevor Software Change Manager user?  Check out the latest Overview and Introduction web-based training courses now available for V18.0!  The course details are as follows:

Title: CA Endevor Software Change Manager: Overview 200

Code: 06END10160

Modality: WBT

Duration: 30 Minutes

What’s New: The course itself is new to V18.X

Who would be interested: New CA Endevor SCM User, Application Developer, Quality Control Engineer, Development Manager, QA Manager, Product Manager, Change Administrator

http://marketplace.ca.com/education/06end10160.html

Title: CA Endevor Software Change Manager: Introduction 100

Code: 06END10170

Modality: WBT

Duration: 45 Minutes

What’s New: Updated course for V18.X

Who would be interested: New CA Endevor SCM User, Application Developer, Quality Control Engineer, Development Manager, QA Manager, Product Manager, Change Administrator

http://marketplace.ca.com/education/06end10170.html

• 2.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 10, 2017 10:50 AM

Hi Angelica,

Do people have to be registered to get to marketplace.ca.com?

Stuart

• 3.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 10, 2017 11:04 AM

Hi Stuart,

Yes, you would have to have a registered profile that is linked to your site ID.

Thanks,
    Angelica

• 4.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 10, 2017 11:06 AM

Would that in turn give someone access to support.ca.com?

Stuart

• 5.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 10, 2017 05:39 PM

Hi Stuart,

I am looking into this for you.

Thanks,

Angelica

• 6.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 11, 2017 11:01 AM

Hi again Stuart,

I don’t believe Education and support contracts are aligned now.  You would need to check with support or your account team to see if you have an active support contract for access.  

Hope this help!

Sincerely,

Angelica

• 7.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 11, 2017 11:56 AM

Hi Angelica,

I have an active support account but what will happen if someone registers for the education. Will they also get access to support.ca.com?

Stuart

• 8.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 11, 2017 12:35 PM

My understanding is no as our systems are not aligned.

• 9.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Community Manager
    Posted May 10, 2017 10:53 AM

Thanks for posting this, Angelica!

• 10.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 12, 2017 08:34 AM

Hi Angelica,

These courses have V17 on the header of the screen.

Is that expected, as you mention V18 in your announcement.

The screen shots don't reflect the changes delivered in V18 either.

Stuart

• 11.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 12, 2017 10:38 AM

Hi Stuart,

The courses in this thread are specific to v18, our latest release of CA Endevor SCM. 

The course codes and links to the V17 courseware are different and can be found at the following link:

https://www.ca.com/content/dam/ca/us/files/learning-path/ca-endevor-software-change-manager.PDF

Have you recently viewed the V17 Introduction course?  Will you please clear your cache?  I went through the courses and didn't see any mention of V17.

Regarding the overview course, this WBT is new course in V18. 

Angelica

• 12.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted May 19, 2017 08:31 AM

Hi Angelica,

I have confirmed that the screen shots do not match my 18.09 installed version in ISPF & Eclipse.
    I have cleared my browser cache.

Stuart

• 13.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 16, 2017 05:46 AM

Hi Angelica,

are there limitations for the courses for the Internet Explorer? or for using them in protected Networks with Firewalls (that might protect Redirects)

when I try to start this course  I can't get to it's Content:

the browser Shows a page saying "loading Content"

• Warning Online activity is in progress. Do not close this page. You will be automatically redirected on completion.

• CA Endevor Software Change Manager: Introduction 100

and another browser is opened ( SumTotal Content Player-CA Endevor Software Change Manager: Introduction 100 - Internet Explorer)

in this one I would expect the Content to Show up but nothing....

except from the Headlines the  browser is empty.

the same happens to a colleague of mine

• 14.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 16, 2017 11:09 AM

Hi Maria,

The course works just find for me and another colleague on both IE and Chrome.

I am not sure why it's not working for you.  I wonder if it's the Protected Networks and Firewalls you mentioned?

I encourage you to call our service desk at 1 800-225-5224 to diagnose the issue.  Follow the education prompts for assistance.

Please let me know how I can further assist you.

Angelica

• 15.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 19, 2017 10:18 AM

I experience this same problem with these free online "marketplace" courses, I cannot paly them.  I get the results how below forever.  However, I am able to play the Interskill learning courses.

Home / CA Endevor Software Change Manager V17: Package Processing 200
    WarningOnline activity is in progress. Do not close this page. You will be automatically redirected on completion.
    CA Endevor Software Change Manager V17: Package Processing 200 

• 16.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 19, 2017 10:24 AM

Hi Mathew,

Thank you for your message.

Next time you experience this issue, I highly recommend you call our helpdesk to find the root cause of the problem.  The number to call is: 1 800-225-5224. 

• 17.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 19, 2017 12:08 PM

@Mathew

do you use Internet Explorer when you try to play the courses?

Support tried to tell me that Google Crome was required  ( I did not find this limitation described anywhere)

I'm using a preconfigured Computer and I'm not allowed to install Software to it.

My personal guess is that the courses use ACTIVEX and this is disabled on my Maschine for security reasons.

Would it be possible for you to check if this is the same for you?

• 18.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 19, 2017 12:25 PM

i assume this is security restriction setting related.  I prefer stronger security settings. Even with a firewall there are still phishing attempts that get through.  I am not going to discuss browser or security configuration details publicly.

• 19.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 20, 2017 09:31 AM

For the life of me I cannot get this to work. I usually use Firefox but I've tried accessing through Internet Exploder and I constantly get

" SumTotal - Silent Logon Error

"The system could not log you on at this time. Please try again later or contact system administrator for assistance."

I've tried everything I can think of.... Does anyone else know the magic words to make it work? Surely I'm not the only one being stymied....

• 20.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 20, 2017 10:52 AM

This works for me. SumTotal uses a "nice" mixture of extremely hardcore javascript to punch a popup Flash window for the content. It maybe if your company is feeling bad about adobe flash (as really most places stopped using this about 5 years ago), it could be blocked (or you don't have the plugin).

Adobe Flash is a security risk unless you're going to continually patch it, personally if I was running CS for any decent sized company I'd have to have a good reason not to switch it off!

From the issues I see above I think the popup fails (popup blocker may do that) and then the flash start button isn't present indicating lack of flash.

One other point, you need to be logged on to your support/community account to access this.

For info I am running it via Internet Explorer 11

By the way - the courses are really good

• 21.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:11 AM

OK. THAT may have shed some light on more experimentation I need to do..... pop-ups, Adobe Flash, cookies.... all stuff that is highly restricted unless I explicitly allow it.

Back to the bat-cave.....

• 22.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:16 AM

And that did it! It works!

• 23.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 20, 2017 11:20 AM

I will point out that there are references to Change Manager Enterprise Workbench in a couple of places in the course. Those should probably be removed(?).

Other than that, how do I go about making this generally available throughout my site? I have a huge list of people that need to go through this....

• 24.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 20, 2017 01:04 PM

Hi John,

To extend this training to the CA Endevor SCM users at your site; they would need to follow the same steps you did to get to the training.  I recommend you send them the links I posted in this announcement, which will take them to the MarketPlace site.

Angelica

• 25.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 23, 2017 04:27 AM

I clicked on the link to go to the course, it asked me to login, which I did, then when I tried to 'add to my training schedule' it says I am not registered. It would be very helpful if it told me HOW TO REGISTER. Please can you tell me?

Jim

• 26.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 23, 2017 08:09 AM

Hi Jim,

Will you please give our helpdesk a call for assistance.  They can be reached at: 1 800-225-5224

Thanks,

Angelica

• 27.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 23, 2017 11:28 AM

I registered and it did send me an email when I go into the portal I have to give my credentials and it then says:

The system could not locate your user account. Please contact system administrator for assistance.

• 28.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 23, 2017 12:16 PM

I also encourage you to contact the helpdesk for assistance.  They can be reached at:1 800-225-5224.  Follow the education prompts for assistance.

• 29.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 26, 2017 09:40 AM

Hi Phon!

Sent you a note on this.... but for others that encounter the same type error (I use Firefox and it prevented me for a week or so and no, I couldn't be bothered to contact the helpdesk), the problem lay in my "pop-up" settings. If "pop-ups" are disabled, I got various "system cannot..." errors. One I tried enabling pop-ups, I was able to start the tutorial.

I also tend to disable cookies, so to cover my bases for the time I was looking at the tutorial, I enable them as well....

• 30.  Re: New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses

Posted Jun 26, 2017 12:05 PM

Hi Angelica, I'm thinking it would be a good idea to include some of the problems/resolutions discussed in this post in an updated version of "New CA Endevor Software Change Manager Web-based Training Courses" information.  I think it would be a good idea too to see what problems have been reported to the helpdesk and include some of that info too.  Thanks for your consideration.  Regards, Phil

Angelica7