Endevor

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  Any as

• 1.  Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  Any as

Posted Nov 29, 2016 04:04 PM

• 2.  Re: Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  An

Posted Nov 30, 2016 09:14 AM

Hello Jackie,

The Approver Disqualification feature was added to v18 of Endevor by PTF RO84268.  It is located in the ENCOPTBL member of the ENDEVOR CSIQSRC library.

* O0007182
    * THIS OPTION WILL DISQUALIFY AN APPROVER FROM APPROVING OR DENYING
    * A PACKAGE IF THEY HAVE EITHER:
    *   1) CREATED, UPDATED, OR CAST THE PACKAGE
    *   2) MODIFIED ANY OF THE ELEMENTS WITHIN THE PACKAGE AND THE ACTION
    *      REQUIRES APPROVAL

For more information on this feature you can GOOGLE the following technical documents;

TEC1145062  and TEC1390762.

This feature is available only for v18 of Endevor.

Tim O'Neill

• 3.  Re: Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  An

Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:00 AM

Thank you.  Why did I find this documented in https://docops.ca.com/ca-endevor-scm/17/en?  That is very misleading. 

I did review the 2 TECH documents you supplied.  I see there is an option to download a shareware solution.  We are installing R18 in March.  Unfortunately, we need a solution sooner than that.  I will pursue the shareware solution.

• 4.  Re: Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  An

Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:41 AM

Hi Jackie,

I apologize. The description of the approver disqualification feature appeared in the V17 DocOps wiki space by mistake. I've removed it from the V17  doc. This feature was not released until V18. For V18 users, the feature is described here: Approver Disqualification Option - CA Endevor SCM - 18.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  An

Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:41 AM

I clicked on the link in both documents, www.inuge.com to download the shareware.  That link goes nowhere!  Any idea how I can investigate the shareware option?

• 6.  Re: Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  An

Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:47 AM

It surprises me that anything refers to WWW.INUGE.COM. When the INUGE user group disbanded several months ago that site went away.

• 7.  Re: Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  An

Posted Nov 30, 2016 11:15 AM

Does that mean the shareware mentioned at that site is completely unavailable now?

• 8.  Re: Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  An

Posted Nov 30, 2016 12:32 PM

Personally I saved a copy of the shareware on my hard drive at home. Tell me what are you seeking and possibly I can get it to you.

• 9.  Re: Package Approver Disqualification - I want to implement this feature in our shop.  I read the "How does the administrator activate this feature?" and I am completely lost.  I looked at our ENCOPTBL and do not see anything remotely close to update.  An

Posted Nov 30, 2016 09:44 AM

Strictly as an observation, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about in "How-to" Documentation