CA Endevor

Expand all | Collapse all

How can you ship IMS components?

• 1.  How can you ship IMS components?

Posted 02-28-2017 06:00 AM

We're currently in the process of a migration from an inhouse written tool used for deployments / inventory management (built on top of a PanValet source repository) that is used to build & deploy a particular IMS application.

We've been told by the team that maintain the tool that IMS libraries can only be updated by IMS utilities and most components such as ACBs, PSBs, DBDs & MFSs need to be directly generated into these libraries.

I'm new to IMS, but this sounds like it may cause challenges when deploying these components via Ship.

We're looking to Ship to both development IMS regions for testing and then finally to the Production IMS.

Hopefully someone out there in the community has more knowledge / some examples hat they could share?

• 2.  Re: How can you ship IMS components?

Posted 03-01-2017 06:40 AM

Hello, i am in CA presale.

I (CA) have clients that ships IMS applications. I do not have the details right at my office, but I can get all the samples you would like from a customer.

It is my understanding that only the ACB need to be generated on the target platform, but this can vary from one client to another I guess. The DBD, PSB and MFS are load modules that can be shipped like any other, but again. there may be IMS specifics I do not know about. Contact me directly at jorgen.dam2@a.com if you like.

Cheers

Jorgen Dam  

• 3.  Re: How can you ship IMS components?

Posted 03-01-2017 07:00 AM

I messed the email:jorgen.dam@ca.com