Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  (Re-)Installation

Posted Dec 16, 2015 04:29 PM

Hi All

IBM looks after my shop's Mainframe platform, so they are responsible for Endevor installation. I am part way thru testing an upgrade, and IBM are asking me whether they can re-install in order to apply some PTFs to fix a problem. This is I think due to the way that IBM globally deliver Mainframe software to their clients. So I'm just wondering whether anyone else who is outsourced to IBM could comment on what practices they use to apply PTF's. My initial reaction is that a re-install to apply a PTF is OTT, and unless we know exactly what is changing between one IBM Endevor delivery & the next, we won't really know what's changed, and the management of Endevor change is potentially not all under control of the Endevor Admin (IBM are not Endevor Admins)  . . . Thoughts anyone . . .

thx, Melvyn

• 2.  Re: (Re-)Installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2015 02:13 AM

Melvyn

I  am in contact with many clients as a CA presale. I do not think anyone of them are using the practice you describe for applying updates/fixes.

I know several using CA MSM to install and maintain CA products, and this works very well for them.

And one of the big MSM users here is IBM in my part of the world.

Regards Jorgen