Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  What's your favourite Compare tool?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2015 04:26 PM

When you are faced with the question: What Changed? or How do I retrofit two sets of changes to a single element?  What are the tools that you (or your users) reach for?

I'd love to get feed back on what your favourite compare tools are; Endevor Changes or History view, SuperC Compare, ISPF Edit COMP, PDM, IEBALL(), Eclipse Compare etc.

Are you happy doing compares off host (Eclipse or WebBased) or do you need tools that work on the Mainframe?

If there's a particular tool (or report format you like) can you share the process, or perhaps screen shots so we can all "see" how it might apply to us.

Thanks,

Eoin

• 2.  Re: What's your favourite Compare tool?

Posted Jan 02, 2015 04:33 PM

Eoin -

Well, since this is the CA Community I guess I should mention CA-File Master Plus first.  It has a file / member compare utility which is getting better.

My favorite, however, is the IBM SuperC ISPF compare utility =3.13 and 3.14 (at least here).  It runs both online and in batch.

And I should mention, CA-Endevor has a source compare feature (comparitor, I think it's called), but it may be separately licensed from base Endevor.

- Don Weimer

• 3.  Re: What's your favourite Compare tool?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 05, 2015 08:48 AM

Thanks Don, I'm not familiar with the CA File Master Plus compare tool - I'll check that, thanks for the tip.

• 4.  Re: What's your favourite Compare tool?

Posted Jan 05, 2015 10:02 AM

IBM SuperC for me