Endevor

View Only
  • 1.  Documentation Use - quick survey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2014 03:25 PM

Please take two minutes to answer a few questions that will help CA improve your documentation experience.

Click here to access the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CRCZFB5

Thank you,

Sarah Johnson
    CA Technologies
    Technical Information Engineer

• 2.  Re: Documentation Use - quick survey

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2014 12:21 PM

I recently conducted a survey about how you use the Testing Tools product documentation. Thank you for participating. Your responses help us improve your documentation experience.

I would like to address a few of the comments and questions that I received.

How do I access the online documentation?

1. Go to www.ca.com.
    2. Click on Support (at the top-center of the screen).
    3. Click on Product Documentation (at the bottom-left of the menu).
    4. Use the “Select a Bookshelf” drop-down box to select the product you want. Tip: You can narrow the results by typing in part of the product name.
    5. Click on Go.

The bookshelf will open in a new tab.

Just create web pages and let Google index it!

That would certainly be the smart thing to do! In fact, we like this idea so much that we are moving all of our documentation sets to wikis, which will be searchable by Google. Keep an eye out for more information as we roll out the wikis for each product.

Keep PDF files!

We understand that many users prefer to view product documentation in pdf format. To take full advantage of the capabilities of the wiki, we recommend using the online version of the documentation. However, you will still be able to create and use a pdf version of the documentation. Our goal is to add value – not take it away.

There is still no install documentation for JCLCheck Common Component with InterTest.

It is true that we do not document this in the InterTest Installation Guide. However, there is a note that directs you to the CA JCLCheck Installation Guide for instructions on installing the CA JCLCheck common component. You can access this guide from the CA JCLCheck bookshelf. Access this bookshelf from the Product Documentation section of the CA website.

Again, thank you for participating in this survey. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions or comments about the product documentation for any of the CA Testing Tools products.

Sarah Johnson
    CA Technologies
    Sr. Technical Information Engineer

Mainframe Northeast Testing Tools Products