Gen EDGE

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

• 1.  Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 28, 2020 06:54 PM

We're currently designing our approach for enabling API consumption in generated CA Gen code.  This would enable your generated applications to call APIs of other applications.

We're looking for customers who want to partner with us as we develop the feature. Your input would influence our technical approach, UI design, and feature priorities.  

This would include:

• Phone calls to discuss the user experience
    • Early access to mockups and requirements
    • Invites to demos
    • Beta testing

All depending on your availability.

Help shape the future of CA Gen. 

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Posted Oct 29, 2020 08:54 AM
    Kim,

I would love to join the program for this.

Best regards
    Mike

• 3.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2020 05:54 PM
    Mike, 
    Thanks for volunteering! I've emailed you to coordinate our schedules for a call. I look forward to discussing consuming APIs with you. 

Have a great day!

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 4.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2020 11:33 AM
    We've had a great number of CA Gen customers volunteer to help with our plans for consuming RESTful services. Thank you all very much! 

In some of those conversations, users were not aware of the existing functionality to consume SOAP services. In CA Gen 8.5+, you can add a Call External statement to the Action Diagram. HERE is a video to learn more.

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 5.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2021 06:48 PM
    Greetings! We are doing round 2 of customer reviews. If you would like to join, email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com.

• This time I'm experimenting with a group call, scheduled at two times to accommodate more time zones: 1/26/2021 8am CST and 1/28/21 4pm CST. I can also schedule 1-1 calls at a time that meets your availability.
    • We will review latest mockups, which follow a workflow where users can use an OpenAPI spec to configure the service information (rather than manually inputting paths and parameters). We'll talk about our plans for an MVP and Beta Testing opportunities. Most of all we want to learn more about your needs so we can ensure we build a feature that truly adds value. 

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 6.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2021 09:22 AM
    • If you missed the round 2 group call, email me to get access to the recording: Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com.
      • We shared updated mockups, an architecture overview, and asked questions. Since this forum is open to the public, I can't share those confidential details here, but I can email them to any customer. 
    • I'm also happy to schedule 1-on-1 calls with any customers who wants to discuss their needs for Consuming RESTful services. 

Have a great day!

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 7.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 31, 2021 03:45 PM
    Greetings! We are doing round 3 of customer reviews. If you would like to be added to the attendee list, email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com.

• I have scheduled this at two times to accommodate more time zones: 4/20/2021 8am CST and 4/22/21 4pm CST. I can also schedule 1-1 calls at a time that meets your availability. 
    • We will demo a simple "Get" request, configured using an OpenAPI spec(JSON), happy path (no parameters or errors) 

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 8.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2021 07:42 PM
    • If you would like a recording of today's demo, email me: Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com.
      • We demoed a simple "Get" request, configured using an OpenAPI spec(JSON), happy path (no parameters or errors) 
    • I'm also happy to schedule 1-on-1 calls with any customers who wants to discuss their needs for Consuming RESTful services. 

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 9.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2021 06:06 PM
    Greetings! We are doing round 4 of customer reviews. In this call we will demonstrate progress targeting CICS and Java. If you would like to be added to the attendee list, email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com.

• I have scheduled this at two times to accommodate more time zones: July 20th 9am CST and July 22nd 4pm CST.
    • I can also schedule 1-1 calls at a time that meets your availability.

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 10.  RE: Volunteers Needed – User Experience for Consuming APIs in CA Gen

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2021 01:56 PM
    • If you would like a recording of last week's demo, email me: Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com.
      • We demoed "Get" and "Post" requests in Java applications, configured using an OpenAPI spec(JSON), with parameters. We also looked at the truncation behavior differences between CICS and Java, and shared estimated dates for User Validation Testing and publishing the MVP.  

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX