Gen EDGE

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Volunteers Needed: Beta Testing PSMGR-RUNTIME-TYPE in GLOBDATA structure

• 1.  Volunteers Needed: Beta Testing PSMGR-RUNTIME-TYPE in GLOBDATA structure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2020 06:23 PM
      |   view attached

CA Gen will soon populate the PSMGR-RUNTIME-TYPE field in GLOBDATA structure at runtime on the Mainframe to indicate where the application is executing (CICS, IMS, Batch, TSOAE) plus details about the application type (Blockmode, Server Manager, Batch Manager), protocol (for Cooperative), screen type (for Blockmode), and attach type (for Batch). This feature originated from a customer Ideation request

We are looking for beta testers to give us feedback on functionality and quality. Are you available?

Who: CA Gen Mainframe users 

When: A beta version will be available within the next couple weeks. 

How to sign up: EMAIL ME Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com. I'll make sure you're a member of the CA Gen project on Validate.Broadcom.com.

What to expect:

1. When the beta version is ready, I'll upload it to Validate.broadcom.com and message you.
    2. You will sign into your Validate.broadcom.com account and go to your CA Gen project.
    3. You will access the beta package in the Resources>Pre-Release Drops section in the left menu.
    4. You will be able to submit feedback in Validate (left menu) or email Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com

Want more details on PSMGR-RUNTIME-TYPE? 

Check out the attached requirements document.

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Volunteers Needed: Beta Testing PSMGR-RUNTIME-TYPE in GLOBDATA structure

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2020 05:48 PM
    I'm pleased to share that beta testing is now live for PSMGR-RUNTIME-TYPE in GLOBDATA structure. If you would like a demo, let me know: Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com. We'd love to get your feedback.

I can also give you access to the beta test files so you can install and experience the feature first-hand.

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX