Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  CAGen runtime TIRCDLI ?

Posted Feb 06, 2020 12:52 PM

Hello. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?  I am trying to find out any information about a CAGen runtime. It is TIRCDLI.  Thank you for any help.

------------------------------
    neil.keely@dxc.com

• 2.  RE: CAGen runtime TIRCDLI ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 06, 2020 06:41 PM
    Hello Neil,  

Gen subroutine TIRCDLI is included in Gen runtime TIRTSO, delivered in the CEHBPLD0 library. It is statically linked into Gen applications that execute under TSOAE - the Gen Host Construction Application Test Facility.  

I do not know why you are asking about this runtime but I can tell you that the version linked into the Gen application needs to be at the same level as the TSOAE being used by that application. What I mean is, if you executing the application in the Gen 8.6 Host Construction Application Test Facility you need to have linked that application with the Gen 8.6 TIRTSO runtime.  If you are running under Gen 8.5 TSOAE then you need to link the application using the Gen 8.5 TIRTSO runtime.

If you need more information or have other questions, please let me know.

Teresa Bredenkamp
    CA Gen Development
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: CAGen runtime TIRCDLI ?

Posted Feb 07, 2020 10:52 AM
    Hello Teresa,

I am following up for someone that has this question.
    They have an internal process that attempts to identify DB2 bind issues before they can cause -805 abends at batch runtime.
    The process has determined that program TIRCDLI in module TIRORUNT makes a call to DB2 but they have no package bound for it.

I don't think this is going to end up being a problem for them but wanted to ask the purpose of TIRCDLI.

The name TIRCDLI had them suspect that this is a subroutine used when the application is making DL/I (Data Language I) calls into IMS.(?)

Can you confirm that is what the subroutine TIRCDLI is doing?

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

• 4.  RE: CAGen runtime TIRCDLI ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2020 06:13 PM
    Hello Neil, 

To answer the specific questions: 
    The process has determined that program TIRCDLI in module TIRORUNT makes a call to DB2 but they have no package bound for it.
    Answer: TIRCDLI is delivered as TIRTSOI2 (also has an alias of CBLTDLI) and Gen provides a DBRM for TIRTSOI2, so there should exist a package with this DBRM created when Gen was installed. 

The name TIRCDLI had them suspect that this is a subroutine used when the application is making DL/I (Data Language I) calls into IMS.(?)
    Answer: This routine is used under TSOAE to intercept IMS DB2 calls from Gen applications (COBOL ). It is does not make/handle DL/I calls.   

Can you confirm that is what the subroutine TIRCDLI is doing?
    Answer: It is used by Gen applications that execute under TSOAE to handle processing of DB2 calls. And it analyses the return code from SQL calls to handle them accordingly - Commit., Rollback etc.    

I hope this answer the questions.

Teresa Bredenkamp
    CA Gen Development
    Broadcom