Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  CA GEN UUID GENERATION

Posted Sep 24, 2021 04:17 AM
    Hello,

I'm using CA GEN 8.5 /Tuxedo 11/ AIX.
    I'll need to generate a UUID key.
    Does anyone already did this? Can you please share our ideas/solutions.

Thanks a lot.

Cristina Chainho

• 2.  RE: CA GEN UUID GENERATION

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 25, 2021 01:58 AM
    Oracle Tuxedo 11 provides a UUIDGEN command which generates a UUID key.  Are you asking how to execute this command from an application?  
    I don't believe there is anything special needed for either AIX or Gen, this is really an Oracle provided command which is standard.  I used it about 20 years ago when Tuxedo was hot  :) 

Attila Fogarasi

Senior Technical Architect | Mainframe Division

+61-4-78407849 | Attila.Fogarasi@broadcom.com  

This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and destroy any printed copy of it.