Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Getting the error REG602: The specified registry path is invalid in Webservice Wizard

Posted Jun 30, 2020 05:30 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I am using CA Gen 8.6 Free Version and the completed Model egolf to build a Webservice using the Webservice Wizard Plugin. I first generated the Server Manager WEBAPSVR for EJB Webservice TP Monitor. Then I generated the Java Proxy form the Server Load. While using the Webservice Wizard after selecting the necessary Operations and providing the Service Name, Host NAme etc and once I click on the Generate button on the "Webservice Wizard REview - Step 5 of 5" Dialog, I am getting the error REG602: The specified registry path is invalid. I looked inot the documentation given in https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-mainframe-software/devops/ca-gen/8-6/reference/messages/function-error-messages/registry-function-error-messages-600-699.html
    but not much information is given there. 

Can you pls help us to understand the reason for this issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks & Regards
    Vishnu

• 2.  RE: Getting the error REG602: The specified registry path is invalid in Webservice Wizard
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 30, 2020 07:50 PM

Hi @Vishnu Athuluri
    If the Web Service Wizard plug-in is correctly installed this registry key should exist with required values:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ComputerAssociates\CA Gen\Plug-ins\CA Gen Web Service Wizard Plug-in

​​If that is confirmed please try running the toolset ("C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Gen86Free\Gen\toolset.bat") using "Run as administrator"

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Lynn

------------------------------
    Lynn Williams
    Senior Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    Australia
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Getting the error REG602: The specified registry path is invalid in Webservice Wizard

Posted Jul 01, 2020 04:41 AM
    Hello @Lynn Williams,

Thank you very much for the resolution, It is now working great for me when​ "Run it as Administrator".