Gen EDGE

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Volunteers Needed: Pre-Release Validation Testing, upgrade to COBOL 6.2, C/C++ 2.2 and Db2 V12

• 1.  Volunteers Needed: Pre-Release Validation Testing, upgrade to COBOL 6.2, C/C++ 2.2 and Db2 V12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 19, 2021 11:48 AM

We are upgrading the compilers used when we build CA Gen HE, z/OS IT, COBOL Generators and z/OS Runtimes to PL/I 5.2, COBOL 6.2 and C/C++ 2.2. We are also upgrading to Db2 V12.  

These upgrades will be released in 3 parts:

• Part 1: The HE with an upgrade to PL/I 5.2 and Db2 V12 is GA. (announced here
    • Part 2: The z/OS IT with an upgrade to COBOL 6.2 and Db2 V12 is GA. (announced here)
    • Part 3: COMING SOON - ETA October- The final piece will be the COBOL Generators and Runtime with Cobol, C/C++, and Db2 changes. 

We would like to have customers do some pre-release validation testing of Part 3. If you'd like to volunteer to test, contact me for advanced access. Reply to this thread or email me at Kim.Peelman@broadcom.com.

Thank you in advance for your support. 

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Volunteers Needed: Pre-Release Validation Testing, upgrade to COBOL 6.2, C/C++ 2.2 and Db2 V12

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2021 03:11 PM
    We have thoroughly tested our upgrade of the Gen Runtime, and would love to have additional customer validation. Customers have unique environments to ensure corner-cases are also tested. 

Thank you in advance for volunteering your time. 

• The APARs have been added to Validate.broadcom.com
        1. Log in at Validate.broadcom.com. (If you don't have an account, let me know.)
        2. Select the CA Gen project.
        3. (you may need to click through some notices and agreements)
        4. Select "Pre-Release Drops" in the left menu. 
        5. Select "Upgrading Compilers - COBOL Generators and Runtime with COBOL, C, and Db2 changes" 
    • It is our goal to complete validation testing by September 24, 2021. Your early feedback will be much appreciated. 

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX