Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Improvements to the "Ideas" Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2021 03:29 PM
    Edited by Kim Peelman May 18, 2021 03:58 PM
    Hi CA Gen EDGE community,

You may have noticed a recent announcement in the Broadcom Mainframe Software Community about improving the Community Ideas process (HERE). The Ideas page has also been updated with new status names, status definitions, and an FAQ document. 

Here's what you can expect for CA Gen:
    • I will check for new ideas at least twice a month, and share new ideas in this community.
    • There will be no more than 20 open ideas so it's clear to you what is in the top priority.
    • There is some cleanup to do to get us down to 20 open ideas. The cleanup phase will be complete by June 30, 2021.

Here's what I need from you:
    • When you submit an idea, include your problem and a clear business value in the idea description. Don't just say what you want changes. Include the "WHY".
    • Vote for ideas that will help your business too. 

I look forward to working with you. 

Sincerely,

------------------------------
    Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX

• 2.  RE: Improvements to the "Ideas" Process

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2021 04:17 PM
    I'm pleased to share that our list of open ideas for CA Gen is now below 20! It was very challenging to pick only 20 top ideas. We want to do all of them! But we also want to give a realistic view of what is in our list of considerations for the next 3-5 years. This is in addition to our other roadmap work, which Su will have an update on in her Roadmap Webinar on June 22. We will continue to invest in CA Gen with a product vision that includes modernization and DevOps enablement.

I encourage you to submit your ideas. Include the "WHY" with your problem description.  I will share new ideas in the CA Gen EDGE Community so you can go vote for your favorites.

Kim Peelman
    Product Owner, CA Gen
    Broadcom
    Plano,TX