Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  HE Schema/Data/PI Tables - RI info.

Posted Sep 24, 2021 04:57 AM

Hi there,

I am trying to find out how RI information is stored in Gen metadata tables.
    I am looking at an old Gen online system where RI is implemented in Gen and everything is statically linked. 
    Say if I want to know where a given RI module is called then one option I have is to scan source/load libs. May not be a very smart option though.
    Can the same information be extracted from Gen metadata tables (Schema/Data/PI Tables etc.) ? 

BTW, where can I find more information about things like DASC ASSOC_TYPE_CODE, DPRP PROP_TYPE_CODE etc. ?
    It's not there in heref HTML help file. Can that information be included in Gen online manuals: 

HE DATA TABLES

Many thanks.
    Regards,
    Gagan

• 2.  RE: HE Schema/Data/PI Tables - RI info.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 27, 2021 11:33 PM

Hi Gagan,
    In the model, an RI trigger is implemented as an ACBLKTD object plus associated IMPLGIC object: Modifying Referential Integrity Triggers for Migration
    Relevant PI tables are CD_ACTN_BLK (Cascade Delete (CD) action block) and IMPLEMENT_LOGIC which can be joined:
    Public Interface Table Definitions
    Possible Joins in the Public Interface - IMPLEMENT_LOGIC (TD_ACTN_BLOCK should say CD_ACTN_BLOCK)
    Using IMPLEMENT_LOGIC for both ACTION_BLOCK & CD_ACTN_BLOCK to get names matching IMPLGIC object ids and then using IMPL_LOGIC_USAGE should enable you to find what (normal) ACTION_BLOCK calls what (RI) CD_ACTN_BLOCK
    Also see "Cascade Delete Support" diagram here: Relationships Between Public Interface Tables

The file heref.chm in directory "%Gen86%\Gen" just contains the definition of the Host Encyclopedia schema and data table columns (cseref.chm fro CSE has similar) so just has the same info as the techdocs link HE DATA TABLES
    For the actual values of object types, association types, property types and their short names/long names, the file odrpta.chm in the same directory has the complete meta-model schema structure.
    Using HE utility TIEWENCY in conjunction with odrpta.chm is a good way to learn about the meta-model: Host Encyclopedia Utilities

If you want to suggest an enhancement to Gen or its documentation please use the Ideas community (see main menu above) and create a new idea there for Category "Gen".

I hope all that helps

Regards,

Lynn

------------------------------
    Lynn Williams
    Senior Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Software
    Australia

• 3.  RE: HE Schema/Data/PI Tables - RI info.

Posted Sep 28, 2021 02:15 AM
    Hi Lynn,

Many thanks. Will go trough the information you have provided and will get back to you if I have any question.

Regards,
    Gagan

Regards,
    Gagan

Ph: +44-774-004-9020

• 4.  RE: HE Schema/Data/PI Tables - RI info.

Posted Sep 28, 2021 05:21 AM
    One point about the IMPUSE objects - I believe that they are created/updated by the code generators, so if you change the RI rules the data in the model will only be up to date after you have generated code, which is fine unless you want to use the data in the model to work out what to generate after having made changes to the model.

Darius Panahy
    [CompanyName]