Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E

Posted Jan 02, 2019 07:42 AM

HI,

I am facing Trancode not exist error TIRM632E. I have created 1 GUI Window client procedure with a push button to call new server procedure. Server procedure has trancode AB79 which is set up in CICS environment properly. Co-operative packing is successful. But when i run the application, new server program or transaction AB79 is not getting invoked in CICS, instead i am getting TIRM632E trancode not exist error. I checked the server load module, transaction code AB79 is printed there. CICS Engineers confirmed the set up is successful as they modeled after existing running fine transaction. I am connecting thru client manager tool.

Can you please suggest me what could have went wrong here.

Thanks

Vijayakumar

• 2.  Re: CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E

Posted Jan 02, 2019 09:09 AM

Hi Vijayakumar.

The error indicates that the client manager is pointing to a server, that doesn't know this transaction code. 

The first action should be to double check, if the client manager is pointing to the correct server.  

If these investigations will indicates, that the client manager seems to point to the correct server, please run  the ECHO transaction to test.  Details on how to do so can be found at :

https://docops.ca.com/ca-gen/8-5/en/middleware/working-with-the-client-manager/testing-the-client-manager/testing-a-server-connection-using-the-echo-transaction

Best regards

Hillrich

• 3.  Re: CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2019 05:27 PM

Hi Vijay,

In addition to Hillrich's advice you can check the Gen client and Client Manager trace and log files under this location:

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\CA\Gen 8.5\logs" which is normally: "C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\CA\Gen 8.5\logs"

The directory"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\CA\Gen 8.5\logs\client" contains trace-CLIENT-PID.out file. You can check what trancode is being used by the client to call the server.

The directory"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\CA\Gen 8.5\logs\cm" contains the Client Manger log file IEFCMN.LOG (in Client Manager Setup option you can set Logging Level to Tracing to get more details in that log)

You can check how the Client Manager is processing the transaction request from client.

Confirming DPC/DPS Communications - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E

Posted Jan 04, 2019 02:15 AM

Hi Lynn,

I could see the correct tran code is being called from the IEFCMN log. I compared the log messages with working transaction. Both are same except socket number. I have asked CICS  engineers to verify if the socket is listening.

Until I hear from them, I will the other exercises posted by other members.

thanks all for your valuable feedback. I will get back to you.

With thanks

Vijayakumar

• 5.  Re: CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2019 11:17 AM

In addition to the above, what middleware are you using?  Check the CICS log.  Make sure a connection was made to the Listener which will call the server.  Most cases I found with this error were configuration problems with client manager.  Since this is a new client and server, check the commcfg.ini to verify the trancode is included in the wildcard.

# It is possible to declare "wild-card" style TRANCODEs. This is
    # accomplished by ending the TRANCODE with a '*'. An example use is:
    #
    #   ABCD TCP myhost1 2008 N
    #   ABC* TCP myhost2 2008 Y
    #   A* TCP myhost3 2008
    #   * TCP myhost4 2008

Thanks,
    Letha

• 6.  Re: CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E

Posted Jan 04, 2019 04:31 AM

Hi Letha,

can you please help me with the values to be given in the wild card format

#   * TCP myhost4 2008

With Thanks

Vijayakumar

• 7.  Re: CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E

Posted Jan 04, 2019 04:57 AM

Hi Vijayakumar.

Since Letha is located in a different time zone and it will still take a couple of hours until she starts,

I thought I let you know, that she is referring to >> Transaction Routing  << that is explained at

https://docops.ca.com/ca-gen/8-6/en/distributed-processing/working-with-distributed-processing/overriding-communications-support-at-execution-time

Best regards

Hillrich

• 8.  Re: CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2019 05:05 PM

Hi Vijakumar,

As you are seeing the correct server trancode being called from the IEFMCN.LOG then the trancode routing from the client to the Client Manager would seem to be working correctly i.e. either the default to use Client Manager from generation time is being picked up ("Communications="Gen") or you have "<TRANCODE> CM" set in the commcfg.ini file.

If the Client Manager is configured to connect to CICS Socket Listener then the connection should be non-persistent so IEFMCN.LOG should show "Non-Persistent socket connection" and a different local socket id will be used for every transaction execution: TCP/IP Socket Connections - CA Gen - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Therefore at this stage it seems the problem root cause is at the CICS server end. 

Assuming the Client Manager is only configured for the 1 CICS Socket Listener for all transactions i.e. existing transaction which is working and new transaction which is not working, is it possible the trancode for the new transaction has not been correctly defined to the CICS region?

Regards,

Lynn

• 9.  Re: CA Gen 8.5 - Server transaction code does not exist TIRM632E

Posted Jan 07, 2019 04:41 AM

Hi Lynn,

what you mentioned is correct. Transaction is not properly defined in CICS Torrs. CICS Engineers are working on resolution. We confimed there is no issue with our coolgen code but this is a environment issue. I am working with CICS team for the fix.

Thanks all for your support and guidance.

With thanks

vijayakumar