Gen EDGE

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi Gen experts, i am facing an issue with the build tool,when i try to build second time in a model the build is failed with the exception the xxxxxxx.bat file is already opened, is there any way to fix it

Xavioemperor

XavioemperorNov 23, 2018 08:01 AM

• 1.  Hi Gen experts, i am facing an issue with the build tool,when i try to build second time in a model the build is failed with the exception the xxxxxxx.bat file is already opened, is there any way to fix it

Posted Nov 23, 2018 08:01 AM

Hi Gen experts .

• 2.  Re: Hi Gen experts, i am facing an issue with the build tool,when i try to build second time in a model the build is failed with the exception the xxxxxxx.bat file is already opened, is there any way to fix it
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2018 05:20 PM

Hi Xavier,

It sounds like the <load_module>.bat file is locked by another process, which if the previous build finished successfully or otherwise should not be the build tool javaw.exe process itself.

You could install Process Explorer to see if you can find which process is holding the .bat file handle: Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs 

Note when Build Tool javaw.exe is executing the .bat file typically you won't see that file under the file handle list of the javaw.exe because only the commands being run by the .bat will be listed.

If you run the Build Tool Clean option it should be able to remove the .bat file.

I am wondering if you have anti-virus software installed which could be locking the .bat file?

I hope that information helps.

Regards,

Lynn