Gen EDGE

View Only
  • 1.  Cons & Pros For “Web view”

Posted Sep 12, 2018 03:03 AM

Hi All;

What’s is the Cons & Pros to use option “Web view” in the TP monitor client generation instead of use option “INTERNET” ??

• 2.  Re: Cons & Pros For “Web view”

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 04:17 AM

Hi Tarek,

To start the discussion here is an old presentation from when Web View was first introduced to Gen which includes the reasons why it was added on top of the existing Web Generation (INTERNET) functionality: 25-Web_View.ppt 

As you see Web View provides Web 2.0 functionality.

Amit Dwivedi can probably provide more input

If you decide to switch from Web generation to Web View you also need to review your HTML design.

Also please note that all Web View generation must be done from Gen Studio and not the Toolset: Webview TPMonitor option for Toolset 

Hope that helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Cons & Pros For “Web view”

Posted Sep 13, 2018 01:04 AM

Hi Lynn;

Thanks for the presentation it has a lot of information about WebView however, it introduced in 2009 “technology almost changed”

My client already created a small project in WebView under test, but we have some issues with the shape and aliment

For more details you can see Case # 01008327

• 4.  Re: Cons & Pros For “Web view”

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2018 02:54 AM

Hi Tarek,

Yes 2009 but I think most of the presentation is probably still valid.

For your case it appears the problems maybe due to the bi-directional nature of Arabic and Gen not fully supporting bi-directional languages. Did you create the enhancement request idea in the Community as suggested by my colleague Steve_Holton who worked your case with our Engineering team?

Thanks

Lynn