Allocate

View Only
  • 1.  CA Vantage Upgrades

Posted Aug 02, 2012 07:24 PM
    I am having some problems find an answer to this question

When I UNINSTALL the current Windows Client it says to backup or save my current settings.

I have gone through the Directory for BrightStor SRM Data and I am not certain where my current settings are at. There is a Central and Database Folder.

Can someone point to documentation or steps needed to be able to uninstall the current version of SRM Client I have on my WINXP system?

Note: The SRM Client I am running has the following data

CA SRM Windows Client Release 11.8.565
    CA Vantage Windows Client Release 12.5.565

I tried to upgrade to R12.6 but ran into issues. So I think Uninstall this version and install the R12.6 Build 655 will be more successful.

Thanks

Lizette

• 2.  RE: CA Vantage Upgrades

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2012 05:19 AM
    Hello Lizette,

Performing a Backup of your Ca Vantage SRM environment means to backup the complete folder of the directory "BrightStor SRM Data" . Basically your folder "BrightStor SRM Data" contains the definitions you setup for your Ca Vantage Gui and that means the MDBs which are located into both Central and Database Folder. Those contains all the customization you did as reports you collect and so on.

So to perform the UNINSTALL of the Ca Vantage Gui, here are the steps to do:
    1) Backup the complete directory folder: "BrightStor SRM Data"
    2) on Windows XP main menu bar go to START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL > ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS then select "CA SRM Windows Client" then rigth click to select UNINSTALL
    3) As you have encountered problems, I would suggest you to cleanup your Windows registry. To do so, left click on the START menu and select RUN
    4) Type REGEDIT
    5) Perform a backup of the registry before doing anything using File and Export
    6) Do a SEARCH for "BrigthStor" word, then delete all the corresponding entries
    7) Reboot the PC to be sure all is working fine otherwise reload the registry but normally that is not needed if you take care to remove only "BrigthStor SRM" entries
    8) Then start to upgrade the Gui to R12.6 latest service pack 2 by following this sequence:
    a) Upgrade your Gui 12.5.565 to 12.6 Build 655
    b) Reboot your PC
    c) Open the GUI to perform the MDBs upgrading
    d) Close the GUI
    e) Upgrade then 12.6 Build 655 to 12.6 Build 691
    f) Reboot your PC
    g) Open the GUI to perform the MDBs upgrading
    h) Close the GUI
    i) Upgrade to latest patch level by installing the 12.6 SP1 Patch 2
    j) Reboot your PC
    k) Open the GUI to perform the MDBs upgrading
    l) Close the GUI

If you do not follow such sequence you will get trouble.
    Let me know if you still get any trouble and perhaps then open an Issue that we will better follow up and assist you.
    Regards,
    Pierre MONTEL

• 3.  RE: CA Vantage Upgrades

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2012 11:45 AM
    Okay, that answers my question. You may close this case.

I will probably open a DAR request for the Client to handle saving customization better. But I need to think about that request for a bit.

Lizette