OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  OPSSETV/OPSGETV/OPSDELV

Posted Jul 01, 2021 03:46 AM
    Anybody ever noticed that the tso cmd processors OPSGETV, OPSSETV and OPSDELV doe NOT support mixed case global variable names?

"OPSSETV GLOBAL1.Mixed.Case  (Mixed case text) UPPERCASE(NO)" will create the proper contents in mixed case, but the resulting variable is
    GLOBAL1.MIXED.CASE

Is this by design? (I cannot find that limitation anywhere in the doc)
    Or do we have a bug (ouch)

Both running as TSO/E rexx or OPS/REXX.

------------------------------
    Automated Operations Technical Expert
    Atos
    Netherlands

• 2.  RE: OPSSETV/OPSGETV/OPSDELV

Posted Jul 01, 2021 07:06 AM
    Hi Marcel,
    I'm pretty sure this is working as designed as to which the original design of all the TSO/E variable manipulating commands within OPS/MVS were to preserve the same functionality of converted/translated AutoMate/MVS rules/pgms. Yes, doesn't work the same as OPSVALUE(), but remember the effort back then with AutoMate 'tools' was to make them behave/perform the same way. Should be a pretty easy functionality change with some new keyword if there is some advantage to it. 
    Dave

• 3.  RE: OPSSETV/OPSGETV/OPSDELV

Posted Jul 01, 2021 07:31 AM
    Hi Dave, good to hear from you.

Yes I expect so, but since I could not find any restriction in the doc, I thought I'd ask :)
    Was developing some code to be able to run in both OPS/REXX and TSO/E, and wanted to support all variables, which clearly does not work now for mixed case globals. Ah well, let's see what Broadcom comes up with  ...

Meanwhile, I'll restrict my function to allow for uppercase globals only .

Thanks

Automated Operations Technical Expert
    Atos
    Netherlands