OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  Sad Day for OPS/MVS family

Posted Jul 07, 2020 11:58 AM

Dear OPS/MVS Colleagues,

It is with great sadness that we learned today of the passing of Dan Lutkus. Some of you old timers and perhaps some newbies may of have had the opportunity of working with Dan over the years as he addressed an OPS/MVS issue or two of yours, or perhaps you met him at some technical conference. While I was at CA, I had the privilege of directly working side by side with Dan.  Not only was he a 'walking'  Wikipedia of everything you wanted to know about OPS/MVS and all/any  z/OS internals,  but more importantly just a genuine and sincere man.   No doubt the OPS/MVS team has lost a critical component as Dan was core to not only its success but the success of just about all products he was part of during his long stint at CA. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family which I know he truly adored. Rest in peace my good friend – going to miss you Dan-O!

Apologize for using this user forum for such news, but I know the impact that Dan has had over the years for a lot of you.

Dave

Dear OPS/MVS Colleagues,

It is with great sadness that we learned today of the passing of Dan Lutkus. Some of you old timers and perhaps some newbies may of have had the opportunity of working with Dan over the years as he addressed an OPS/MVS issue or two of yours, or perhaps you met him at some technical conference. While I was at CA, I had the privilege of directly working side by side with Dan.  Not only was he a 'walking'  Wikipedia of everything you wanted to know about OPS/MVS and all/any  z/OS internals,  but more importantly just a genuine and sincere man.   No doubt the OPS/MVS team has lost a critical component as Dan was core to not only its success but the success of just about all products he was part of during his long stint at CA. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family which I know he truly adored. Rest in peace my good friend – going to miss you Dan-O!

Apologize for putting this news on this forum, but I know the impact that Dan has had on a lot of you directly and indirectly.

Dave

Dear OPS/MVS Colleagues,

Apologize for using this user forum for such news, but I know the impact that Dan has had over the years for a lot of you.

Dave

• 2.  RE: Sad Day for OPS/MVS family

Posted Jul 07, 2020 01:42 PM
    Always enjoyed working with Dan - he has helped me out more times than I can count.  I am very sorry to hear this shocking news.
    Sal

• 3.  RE: Sad Day for OPS/MVS family

Posted Jul 07, 2020 02:15 PM

Oh no, it's a very sad day indeed.  I really liked Dan. He will be missed.

• 4.  RE: Sad Day for OPS/MVS family

Posted Jul 07, 2020 02:38 PM
    Dan was such a kind person - in addition to being very smart and experienced with OPS.  I am also very sad and feel like I have lost a friend at Broadcom.  Thanks a lot for letting us know Dave!  He will be missed here at Fidelity.  I pray peace for his family during this time.

• 5.  RE: Sad Day for OPS/MVS family

Posted Jul 21, 2020 02:38 AM
    Oh my. Thanks for letting us know Dave. I've worked with Dan for a long time as we were disentangling weird OPS/MVS problems. I knew he had health issues and was hospitalized earlier this year, but did not see this  coming.

Very sad, condolences to his family, both in his personal life as well as at CA. (Broadcom)

Regards,

Marcel van Ek
    Atos (NL)

------------------------------
    Automated Operations Technical Expert
    Atos
    Netherlands
    ------------------------------