OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  undef

Posted Jun 12, 2018 01:08 PM

I am trying to create undef report for testing purpose using IEBGENER. The ARCH is 1 and class is 7. If  I use Class 7 and with different DDNAME(other than sysut2 in ca deliver )  ,still undef is not produced. Please let me know how to create UNDEF report as test.

//xxxxxxxxxxx JOB (******),'xxxxxxx' ,MSGCLASS=T,CLASS=P, 
    // NOTIFY=&SYSUID 
    //STEP010 EXEC PGM=IEBGENER 
    //SYSUT1 DD * 
             THIS IS A TEST UNDEF 
              THIS IS A TEST UNDEF 
    //SYSUT2 DD SYSOUT=7
    //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=* 
    //SYSIN DD DUMMY 
    /*

• 2.  Re: undef

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 02:06 PM

Nithiya,

The first thing to do is to make sure that you have a report defined in CA Deliver with the name of UNDEF.

The next thing to do would be to have that report defined to a job where the criteria matches, but there is no corresponding report, hence the report would go to UNDEF.

Then, in CA View, you would be able to see the report with the name of UNDEF.

You should review the content, to ensure that it is the report that you are expecting.

Regards,

Bob Keefe 

• 3.  Re: undef

Posted Jun 12, 2018 02:13 PM

1. There is report name with UNDEF.

2. I created job OP20118N in deliver as below and then ran job with name OP20118N as above, but the report is not getting created but "OP20118N" archives to the SAR 

CA Deliver ---------------- Reports for Job: OP20118N ------ Row 00001 of 00001
    Command ===> Scroll ===> CSR

Desc ===>
    Prevrun ===> KEEP/KEEP

el Stepname Procstep DDname Report ID               Type Prevrun
    STEP010                     SYSUT2 OP20118NTESTT STACK

• 4.  Re: undef

Posted Jun 12, 2018 03:55 PM

yes, The job is captured by SAR with jobname OP20118N.

Thanks for your reply  .  My test was successful. 

• 5.  Re: undef
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 12, 2018 03:18 PM

Nithiya,

If there is a DistID, associated with the UNDEF report, that has an OUT field of Y, Deliver puts the sysout back to JES with the original Jobname and JobID. 

If the Out field has N, there is no sysout put to JES.                                                                    

The job is being collected by View, under the jobname, because the output criteria in JES matches the View criteria.

You can see if the SARSTC task collected the report by looking at a Report's ORIG field. If the origin is SAR, then the SARSTC collected the report.

Regards,

Bob Keefe