OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  EPI, Terminal Log Modes and Colors

Posted Feb 24, 2016 11:12 AM

We are attempting to use EPI to check a panel that will return information from our PPRC/GDPS process.  If the DSILGMOD log mode is used, checking initial screens works fine, but checking a screen that uses colors is returning a PROG420 BAD ORDER message.  It doesn't return any information from the panel either.  I have tried numerous Log modes for this and DSILGMOD is the best for this process, but it still won't allow EPI to read a panel that displays colors.  Is there a function or setting that can help with this issue?  I didn't see anything in the manual or online that indicates there is.

The full message text for the error is "OPS3580H TERMINAL EPIK801   X'0005'  X'29'  PROG420 BAD ORDER".

Thanks,

Steve

• 2.  Re: EPI, Terminal Log Modes and Colors
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 25, 2016 03:23 PM

The idea logmode within EPI applications is the standard D4A32782 . Give that one a try....Also, keep in mind that if you use OPSVIEW option 4.10 to test/create EPI applications, make sure that your terminal emulator that you use is a Mod 2 as well to avoid any view issues when selecting the D4A32782 logmode epi terminal.

• 3.  Re: EPI, Terminal Log Modes and Colors

Posted Feb 26, 2016 11:09 AM

Dave,

I have set up the session using the D4A32782 Log mode.  It works fine until it reaches a specific panel.  Then it receives two “OPS3580H TERMINAL EPIK802   X'0005'  X'29'  PROG420 BAD ORDER” messages.  The screen in 4.10 is completely blank.

Steve

• 4.  Re: EPI, Terminal Log Modes and Colors

Posted Feb 26, 2016 12:36 PM

OK Steve - We are going to need to get some more specific details,and probably get some EPI diagnostic traces setup to capture the screen contents. I'll have Support reach out and open up a formal issue so we can proceed to resolve.