OPS/MVS

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Re: Not Planned

• 1.  Re: Not Planned

Posted Feb 17, 2017 04:55 PM

In response to the following:

"Not Planned" means that the idea has been posted for sometime, almost 1 year in this case, and the fact that it had received only 1 vote - from the Idea submitter - lead the OPS/MVS team to conclude that while the idea may have had some degree of merit, it is not something the general OPS/MVS customer base found especially valuable, so we do not plan to implement the Idea.  Unfortunately, with limited development resources at our disposal, we have to make hard decisions, as to what we can focus on  One of the factors we use in those decisions is the number of votes a particular Idea receives in this space.  Ideas that are almost 1 year old and that have only 1 vote from the original Idea submitter are not considered worthy of expending precious development cycles on.  Does this help?  

I saw 2 or 3 different ideas that were looking for current IODF information from OPS/MVS but they worded differently and only garnered one vote a piece. And they were killed off. I think its good to start clearing some of the dead wood in the OPS/MVS backlog but I just wanted to bring this condition to your attention when you’re going through the forest with the axe and targeting vote counts. The idea factoring may have to expand.   

• 2.  Re: Not Planned

Posted Feb 22, 2017 01:00 PM

Great point!