OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  Activating a new OPSLOG

Posted May 21, 2015 02:21 PM

How long should it take (approximately) for an OPSLOG of size 3200 cylinders to activate via panel 4.13?

• 2.  Re: Activating a new OPSLOG

Posted May 27, 2015 03:45 PM

I originally asked this because an OPSLOG I was attempting to activate seemed to be stuck. The origin behind the activation and the reason why it wouldn't activate is a long story. The summary is that I had an OPSLOG with a bad checkpoint (it seems the checkpoint didn't finished and the log wrapped). This bad checkpoint wouldn't let any activations or inactivations occur so We are stuck until we can get the bad log out of CA-OPS via a recycle.

That said, the actual answer to this question is most likely less than a minute. If your OPSLOG takes more than a minute to activate, there may be something wrong.

• 3.  Re: Activating a new OPSLOG
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 03, 2015 03:54 PM

I work with the OPS/MVS Team here at CA. You are correct that the error you're receiving occurs when you've reached the maximum messagenum allowed in an OPSLOG - resulting in wrapping of the log. This can be confirmed by entering the OPSLOG and issuing a 'D DATE TIME MSGNO'. once entered, scroll to the top of the OPSLOG and record the number. Then, scroll to the bottom. The lower number should be higher than the top.

If you define a new OPSLOG and utilize the OPS3445O sample rule in the OPS CCLXSAMP sample directory, you can prevent the OPSLOG from wrapping and avoid a recycle of OPS.

Hope that helps,

Justin