OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  The TIME CHANGE rules need to made a little more easier to use.  Like a Global setup to be check during the Time Change so we don't the rules firing for both hours.

Posted Mar 21, 2016 12:42 PM

Like creating a Global setup to be check during the Time Change so we don't the rules firing for both hours.

• 2.  Re: The TIME CHANGE rules need to made a little more easier to use.  Like a Global setup to be check during the Time Change so we don't the rules firing for both hours.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:22 PM

Hello Daryl,

Our sample CCLXRULS(TIMECHNG) rule and OPS/REXX program CCLXSAMP(TIMECHNG) are samples you can modify to meet your needs.

You are correct in your assessment that the Global Variable GLOBAL0.TIMECHNG is not validated for duplicate entries.

Currently the sample code only validates that the Global Variable has been previously created and if today is a scheduled Daylight Savings day.

Would you be ok submitting this as an Idea instead Daryl?

Cesar

• 3.  Re: The TIME CHANGE rules need to made a little more easier to use.  Like a Global setup to be check during the Time Change so we don't the rules firing for both hours.

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:26 PM

Like I mentioned at the conference last week –those rules are designed so complicated that it’s hard to set them up correctly . Make it easier☺

Daryl Hoblitz

z/OS Support

540-286-4924

"Strength lies in differences, not in similarities." - Stephen Covey

• 4.  Re: The TIME CHANGE rules need to made a little more easier to use.  Like a Global setup to be check during the Time Change so we don't the rules firing for both hours.

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:35 PM

We are unable to change a posted question or discussion into an "idea" (enhancement request).   Would you please enter above as an idea?   This would allow your request to become an enhancement.  

• 5.  Re: The TIME CHANGE rules need to made a little more easier to use.  Like a Global setup to be check during the Time Change so we don't the rules firing for both hours.

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:36 PM

Hello Daryl,

Thanks for the feedback during the conference.

Feel free to submit this as an idea so we can add it to our backlog.

Cesar

• 6.  Re: The TIME CHANGE rules need to made a little more easier to use.  Like a Global setup to be check during the Time Change so we don't the rules firing for both hours.

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:47 PM

I thought I clicked on IDEA -yes it should be an IDEA not a question 

• 7.  Re: The TIME CHANGE rules need to made a little more easier to use.  Like a Global setup to be check during the Time Change so we don't the rules firing for both hours.

Posted Mar 21, 2016 02:51 PM

I created the IDEA now -Sorry maybe one day I'll get the hang of this :0)