IMS Tools

View Only

Database Organizer: What actions are necessary for message DBA0701I and DBA0700I?

• 1.  Database Organizer: What actions are necessary for message DBA0701I and DBA0700I?

Posted Sep 23, 2015 07:23 AM

What actions are necessary for message DBA0701I and DBA0700I?

Scenario:

When unloading a database from one system and reload it to another system the following informational message as likely as not appear during reload process:

DBA0701I THE HIGH USED RBA IN CI 0 IS UNREASONABLE. A NON-IMS UTILITY WAS USED TO LOAD THE DATA BASE OR CI 0 MAY BE CORRUPT.

DBA0700I RBA MISMATCH FOR LAST CI IN DATA BASE. RBA OF LAST CI READ IS 01E52000 BUT CI 0 INDICATES THE LAST RBA SHOULD BE 00000000.

Solution:

The messages you are seeing here indicate a low level integrity error that is not a problem. As the message suggests, the condition is probably caused by

a non-IMS program which did not update the high-used RBA carried in CI0 of the database.                                                                                                                                          

When IMS or an IMS utility operates on the database, the 2 RBA values will match.                                                                                                                                                 

The mismatch will not cause IMS any problem and the next time IMS operates  on the database, the RBAs will match.