MIM Resource Sharing

View Only
  • 1.  CA Technologies is introducing a new look to the way we deliver compatibility information for the CA Mainframe z/OS products.

Posted Sep 09, 2015 01:36 PM

CA Technologies is introducing a new look to the way we deliver compatibility information for the CA Mainframe z/OS products.   The new web pages will provide a dynamic product search option, up-to-date product status information and a list of PTF solutions that are required for compatibility.   Note you may be required to login to CA Support Online to view certain information. Please have a look at the new z/OS compatibility page and send feedback to CA Mainframe Agile Delivery Team.  

• 2.  Re: CA Technologies is introducing a new look to the way we deliver compatibility information for the CA Mainframe z/OS products.

Posted Oct 05, 2015 01:34 PM

Why are you using an FTP link to this HTML page?  I get prompted for login credentials.

ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/MSPSaccount/COMPAT/zos_compat.HTML

• 3.  Re: CA Technologies is introducing a new look to the way we deliver compatibility information for the CA Mainframe z/OS products.

Posted Oct 05, 2015 01:59 PM

This is the information that was provided to me to post to our community, including the URL.   This is an introduction with a desire for feedback.   The ftp link may have be used to intentionally require login.   I have used the feedback address to pose your question to:  CA Mainframe Agile Delivery Team   I would also suggest you provide your feedback there directly as well.   Once I receive a reply I will post it here.  

• 4.  Re: CA Technologies is introducing a new look to the way we deliver compatibility information for the CA Mainframe z/OS products.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2015 09:51 AM

Hello

I want to confirm that you are not being asked to provide credentials when you view the page.   If you do click on the Product Status and Maintenance Grid links, you are required to logon to CA Support Online.  These links are put on the compatibility matrix so that they are easier to find.   Can you confirm this activity?

These new pages are being dynamically refreshed on a nightly basis.  The ftp.ca.com is a temporary location for these pages.   Changes will be made in the future which should not impact your access to these pages. 

Regards

Dawn Damore  

• 5.  Re: CA Technologies is introducing a new look to the way we deliver compatibility information for the CA Mainframe z/OS products.

Posted Oct 06, 2015 09:59 AM

I just asked about the FTP link because our firewall browser settings pop up all kinds of warnings about standard (not SFTP) links.  Not a big deal.