Spool

View Only
  • 1.  Send print two printers from a handheld device

Posted May 10, 2016 03:05 PM

Hi,

I have a client that is a warehouse type business using handheld devices to create shipping documents.   Currently the print

goes to a printer on the load dock assigned to the handheld device.   The client asked to have the same print go both to the

printer on the load dock and to a printer in the front office.    Is there a setting in CA SPOOL that will route the same print to a second

printer? 

I know in batch printing for that type of request you have the job send the print to two different locations.   I don't know the type of

handhelds used.  So, I don't know if there are any setting to allow printing to multiple locations at the same time.

Thanks,

Tommy

• 2.  Re: Send print two printers from a handheld device

Posted May 10, 2016 03:14 PM

Hello Tommy,

Consider adding to your parameter file the following DESTID prior to the DEFNODE/NODE statements that defines your two printers in CA Spool:

DESTID QDEST=PRT1,FDEST=(PRT1,PRT2)

Simply change the PRT1 strings with the NODE name of the printer that initially receives the file and PRT2 the NODE name of the additional printer you want also to get a copy of the file.

This DESTID parameter requires the CA Spool /REINIT command to be entered in our Menu. You also need to send a new file to PRT1 so you can see how it will be sent to both PRT1 and PRT2.

Keep us posted if this helps Tommy

Regards, Cesar