Spool

View Only
  • 1.  Parallel processing before version 12

Posted Jul 30, 2014 08:12 AM

I am trying to set up some "parallel-type" processing, but we are not yet on version 12.  Does anybody have any instructions on how I can accomplish this.

I was hoping there was an easy way to set up the system so it will either:

A)  Allow pre-spool processing but also send the output to the output queue     OR

B)  Allow post-spool processing but allow the output to remain on the output queue after it's ingested (changing one of the parameters so it will not be ingested again).

Info about our set-up:

We are set up for pre-spool processing, currently.

We are set up so ingestion is based on job/step/procstep/dd.

For output to be ingested, it has to be run in one of 2 specific job classes.  (This is true for jes output as well as report output)

For a report to be ingested (job/step/procstep/dd), the output class muste be one of 3 specific classes.

Info I've found so far:

The only information I can find is:

• The job type being set to:
      • M       - Monitored data output used for parallel processing during conversion
      • But I don't know what that will do for us, or if other parameters need to be changed.

• The BOT Initialization Parameter
    • "By submitting separate batch jobs to compose the bundles, parallel processing can be achieved. If no JOB statements are defined for a bundle, it is printed directly by the bundle output task"

• But I don't know if this can be done in a way that the output sent to the output queue retains the original job/step/procstep/dd, and this is what we use for our ingestion.

Does anybody have any ideas they can share with me?

• 2.  Re: Parallel processing before version 12
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 31, 2014 09:09 AM

Hello,

I am a Principal Support Engineer for CA Deliver and CA View at CA Technologies who would like to answer your question about parellel processing.

The PASSTHRU parameter specifies whether pre-spool processing for CA Deliver must also pass the report through to the report's normal output specification.   When you specify PASSTHRU=YES, the report is dynamically intercepted and the
    report is allowed to be written to the normal output allocation.  So with the use of this feature you will have a method for parallel testing.

During implementation of a new version of CA Deliver,  the PASSTHRU=YES parameter allows the reports to be processed normally and also processed by CA Deliver.  The output is written once for CA Deliver and once for it normal processing. 

The default of PASSTHRU=NO causes the report to be dynamically intercepted and the original output DDNAME is not created.         

The PASSTHRU parameter was added to CA Deliver 12.0 but also is available to:
    R11.6 with RO57987 and RI59169
    R11.7 with RO58028 and RI59099

Regards,

Cheryl

• 3.  Re: Parallel processing before version 12

Posted Jul 31, 2014 09:13 AM

Cheryl,

Thank you for replying to my question.  Our problem is that we do not have version 12, so we don’t have the PASSTHRU option available to us (according to documentation).

Do you know how we can accomplish this in versions previous to version 12?

Again – thank you for your assistance.

Thanks,

Janine Eversole

External Communications

Progressive Insurance

• 4.  Re: Parallel processing before version 12

Posted Jul 31, 2014 11:04 AM

Hello Janine,

For previous releases to 12.0, Cheryl mentioned a couple of PTFs that need to be applied to provide you with PASSTHRU in R11.6 or R11.7.

R11.6 you need to apply RO57987 and review RI59169

R11.7 you need to apply RO58028 and review RI59099

I hope this helps answer your question. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Helen Biederbeck

Support Delivery Manager

• 5.  Re: Parallel processing before version 12

Posted Aug 04, 2014 01:21 PM

Thanks, everybody.  I am checking to see if those are available to us.

I appreciate all the input.

• 6.  Re: Parallel processing before version 12

Posted Aug 06, 2014 12:16 PM

Hello Janine,

Do you need any further assistance or do you have everything you need and we can mark this as completed?

Please let us know.

Kind Regards,

Helen Biederbeck

• 7.  Re: Parallel processing before version 12

Posted Aug 07, 2014 09:25 AM

We are still trying to see if we can get those “packets” downloaded to our system.  If not, I can we will need more help.  Otherwise, we’ll be set.

Thanks,

Janine Eversole

External Communications

Progressive Insurance