XCOM Data Transport

View Only
  • 1.  Three New Web-based Training (WBT) Now Available for CA XCOM Data Transport

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2020 12:24 PM

CA XCOM™ Data Transport® helps businesses address evolving strategic initiatives that require the movement of mission-critical data more quickly, more reliably, and, most important, more securely. With a robust architecture that powers high speed, unattended file transfers, CA XCOM Data Transport provides a cost-effective, flexible, and scalable solution that adapts to heterogeneous network environments.

Code Title Duration
    06XCO20010 CA XCOM Data Transport: Installation 200 30 Minutes
    06XCO20020 CA XCOM Data Transport: Configuration Parameters 200 15 Minutes
    06XCO20060 CA XCOM Data Transport: Maintenance 200 15 Minutes

CA Mainframe Education is offering our Product Web-based Training at no cost for active maintenance customers. 

Below, is a list of resources to assist you as a first-time user of Learning@Broadcom. You will also find the link to our Mainframe Course Catalog.

• Two-Minute YouTube Video – This video will show you how to access and navigate Learning@Broadcom
    • Learning@Broadcom User Guide -- Describes the process to access Learning@Broadcom, including guidance on Enterprise Account requirements for setting up your account.
    • Course Catalog – List of available Mainframe Product Web-based Training (WBT) and Instructor-led Training (ILT).

------------------------------
    Education Program Manager
    Broadcom
    Melville, NY

Attachment(s)

pdf
    06XCO20060CD.pdf   123 KB 1 version
    pdf
    06XCO20020CD.pdf   123 KB 1 version
    pdf
    06XCO20010CD.pdf   124 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Three New Web-based Training (WBT) Now Available for CA XCOM Data Transport

Posted Jul 10, 2020 02:05 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Angelica
    That is good that the training has been made available however the courses are not found on the Learning@Broadcom portal, at least I cannot find it. Can you please advise how to access the three courses. I have tried by course name and code, nothing is found.
    Thanks
    Greg

• 3.  RE: Three New Web-based Training (WBT) Now Available for CA XCOM Data Transport

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2020 07:31 AM
    Hi Greg,

I responded via email to you.

Thanks,
    Angelica

Broadcom
    Melville, NY

• 4.  RE: Three New Web-based Training (WBT) Now Available for CA XCOM Data Transport

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2020 11:41 AM
    Hi Greg,

I did some checking into why you may not be able to see the new XCOM training sessions...

1. If you have not logged into Learning@Broadcom  in the last 2-3 months it is possible that your ID got suspended and the entitlement needs to be reapplied. It is my understanding that this is an automated process that occurs after you login, but it can take at least 24 hours. So, I would try again to see if you can access the training now.
    2. Entitlements specific for XCOM for Windows or Linux/Unix. In other words, are you licensed for XCOM on those platforms. 

So, please give it a try again and if you still cannot access the training open a case via the Support portal and we can look into it in details based on your profile. Thanks!

Bev Perez
    Broadcom Support

• 5.  RE: Three New Web-based Training (WBT) Now Available for CA XCOM Data Transport

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2020 01:49 PM

Hi Beverly,

I emailed Greg this morning.  I believe option #1 is the reason he wasn't able to see the WBTs last week.  When I proxy as him this morning, I was able to see all of the CA XCOM WBTs.

Thanks,
    Angelica 

Broadcom
    Melville, NY

• 6.  RE: Three New Web-based Training (WBT) Now Available for CA XCOM Data Transport

Posted Jul 15, 2020 12:12 AM

Hi Angelica and Bev,

Thanks for your responses.

I can see those XCOM courses in the list now, I still get nothing for CA-XCOM, but with just XCOM I see the courses. Maybe if I had just used XCOM on Friday they would have appeared then too.

Thanks to you both for your assistance.

Regards

Greg Bradley
    Technical Consultant

+61 2 8278 4812

E greg.bradley@dxc.com

Planned Leave 16/10/2020 – 26/11/2020

(Booked but now unlikely to travel)

DXC Technology
    L3, 26 Talavera Road,

Macquarie Park, N.S.W. 2113

Australia