Hello all - It appears that the summary of the new features, which I had attached as a .pdf to my original post, is not viewable by many members. My apologies - HERE is the full document summarizing Db2 Tools New Features for Summer 2020:
Db2 Tools New Features Summary - Summer 2020 Edition
Here's a summarized list of the enhancements we have made to Version 20.0 of the CA Database Management Solutions for Db2 for z/OS since March this year:
Users with any level of mainframe experience can now query and analyze Db2 for z/OS catalog data and obtain detailed application performance metrics from the Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2 for z/OS (MTC-DBM) interface, which can be used at no charge by customers with a license for CA Detector and/or CA RC/Query.
New Administration Capabilities in MTC-DBM
- The Mainframe Team Center - Database Management for Db2 for z/OS user interface also supports SSL certificates whose private keys are stored using the Integrated Cryptographic Services Facility (ICSF).
- The post-install tailoring process for the CA Database Management Solutions for Db2 for z/OS has been enhanced to ensure consistency when making edits and executing changes. New sort and find/locate commands enable you to quickly find and update subsystems.
- CA Bind Analyzer, CA Plan Analyzer, and CA SQL-Ease enhancements:
- Support for the Db2 12 alternate names that were introduced for several pre-existing built-in functions in function level V12R1M506. Support for these names provides increased compatibility across Db2 products.
- Support for new Db2 12 encryption and decryption scalar functions that were introduced in function level V12R1M505. This support enables CA Bind Analyzer, CA Plan Analyzer, and CA SQL-Ease to evaluate SQL text that contains the new function syntax.
- Support in CA Plan Analyzer for Db2 11 APPLCOMPAT in Future Explains. You can now specify application compatibility behavior for catalog or non-catalog SQL during a Future Explain. Use the new APPLCOMPAT enhanced explain card to enable the use of SQL functionality that is provided within a specific Db2 version, and also to prevent the use of incompatible SQL functionality.
- Support in CA Plan Analyzer for the new Db2 11 PROGAUTH column in the SYSPLAN table. The values in this column indicate whether Db2 performs program authorization checking to determine whether it can execute a plan.
- CA Fast Load now gives you greater flexibility in managing discard processing when the DISCARDS limit is reached. The new DISCARD-LIMIT-RESUME keyword lets you specify whether the database object data and associated pageset status will change when you specify RESUME YES. The new DISCARD-LIMIT-STATUS keyword lets you set a restrictive status on the tablespace and indexspace pagesets.
- CA RC/Migrator, CA RC/Compare, and CA RC/Update enhancements:
- During an RC/Merger MOVE analysis in CA RC/Migrator, we can now detect when Huffman compression is being used.
- ON DELETE ADD EXTRA ROW clause is now supported for temporal and history tables. DDL will generate the clause with the ADD VERSIONING statement when required during table migration, alteration, and comparison.
- Batch enhancement to Quick Migration implode/explode all and global change set procedure in CA RC/Migrator. New keywords simplify the inclusion of related objects and global change specifications in a quick migration job.
- COMPRESS clause is now supported for LOB tablespaces. DDL will generate the clause when required for migration, alter, and compare strategies.
- CA RC/Query enhancement to TS-RT and IX-RT tablespace and indexspace reports to include additional columns for real-time statistics.
- The Thread Termination\Dynamic DSNZPARM value pack component now lets you specify a thread token to select a thread for cancellation. The ability to cancel a thread by its token is useful in situations where the thread token is the only unique identification for a Db2 thread.
- In the CA Endevor Software Change Manager Interface for DB2 for z/OS, the bind batch processor now accepts BIND SERVICE syntax. The BIND SERVICE (DSN) subcommand builds an application package that represents a Db2 REST service.
- CA Log Analyzer extends DDL Activity parameters Bind/Rebind and Grant/Revoke from DDL Activity Report Options panel. A new option, ONLY, has been added to the INCLUDE and EXCLUDE options. The ONLY option lets you generate reports that contain only BIND, REBIND and FREE statements or GRANT and REVOKE statements exclusively.
- CA SYSVIEW for Db2 now fully supports zHyperlink monitoring based on the most up-to-date version of related IFCID fields. You are now able to monitor and analyze zHyperlink exploitation, or estimate the potential benefits of zHyperLink usage. Dataset I/O and log activity reports were updated to show zHyperlink workload use.
- CA SYSVIEW for Db2 user interface now supports thread cancellation using the thread token. Cancellation by token allows INACTIVE threads to be canceled. The existing process of canceling a thread now automatically uses the thread token, if it is available. This change is compatible with the Thread Termination enhancement stated earlier.
For more information about these enhancements, see New Features in the Release Notes.
Wanna know What's cooking in the lab?
Join the CA Db2 Tools 20.0 Validation Project, where the Broadcom labs reveal upcoming features and seek users' feedback. You will learn about what is being developed as it is being developed. Validation calls are your best chance to influence the development of the CA Database Management Solutions for Db2 for z/OS products.
Register today at https://validate.broadcom.com/key/db2tools200
Product Marketing Director
Sent: 06-24-2020 03:38 PM
From: Christopher Belthoff
Subject: Db2 Tools New Features Summary for Summer 2020
Summer is upon us, and we hope all of our Community members have a safe and enjoyable season. With the change in seasons also comes some exciting new features in the CA Db2 Tools portfolio. Here's an informative summary highlighting some of the newest features - enjoy!
Product Marketing Director