IDMS

View Only
  • 1.  Tuesday Tip: (CA IDMS) Where can I find a list of IDMS verb numbers?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2014 01:44 AM

CA IDMS Tuesday Tip from Ian Hill, Principal Support Engineer for October 29, 2014

There are times when you may need to know the meaning of an IDMS verb number also known as a function code.  For example JREPORT-008 will list verb numbers. These are different from the IDMS major code.

You can find the verb numbers documented in the DML Reference Guide for COBOL, Appendix D.2 in the section DB Call Formats. The numbers in the IDBMSCOM(nn) column are the IDMS verb numbers. For example a MODIFY DML command has a major code of 8 but its verb number is 35.

• 2.  Re: Tuesday Tip: (CA IDMS) Where can I find a list of IDMS verb numbers?

Posted Oct 31, 2014 06:19 PM

I've always found that presentation a little cumbersome to find things quickly in.  There are a couple of files on here that show the codes in numerical sequence.  John Abell uploaded one and I edited it mildly: IDBMSCOM.txt

• 3.  Re: Tuesday Tip: (CA IDMS) Where can I find a list of IDMS verb numbers?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2014 09:25 PM

Thanks Fishman I was not aware of that list. Good idea to sort it by function number.