ESP Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Replacing Prose in CA7

Posted Dec 14, 2016 10:54 AM

Does anyone have an example of a batch job they use to update prose in CA7? Our process for updating them is to grab the data from the DSN via the db.7 (JCL Library Maintenance) and save it then go to db.4.1 (CPU Job Documentation and replace it. I have looked at the manuals and tested several jobs but just can't get it work this way. 

• 2.  Re: Replacing Prose in CA7

Posted Dec 19, 2016 02:10 PM

Yes I have a batch job.   The only thing you need is a regular sign into batch processing for CA7.  Then you add batch commands for what you want it to do in batch.   example below.

003400,JCL

003500,FETCH,XXXXXXX,DSN=SSFP.PG.OPER.DOC

003600,DBM

003700,PROSE

003800,REPL,JOB,JOB=XXXXXXXX

Repeat above section (except jcl you only need once) and replace *** with job name.

on the last line above you see the word REPL   you need to change that to SAVE if the job has never had

prose before. 

let me know if you need more help.

renate

• 3.  Re: Replacing Prose in CA7

Posted Dec 19, 2016 04:08 PM

Thanks a bunch, this worked perfectly!

• 4.  Re: Replacing Prose in CA7

Posted Apr 10, 2017 09:53 AM

I am now looking to remove ALL prose tied to our CA7 jobs (only the prose) and would prefer to not remove the PDS as a defined CA7 library. Any ideas on how to remove all PROSE documentation with 1 batch job and without having to use the code above for each job? We have too many jobs that have prose to use that code for each job.