View/Deliver

View Only
  • 1.  Question regarding /PRINT VIEW= command in SARBCH

Posted Apr 28, 2016 01:19 PM

I have a view defined for a report that uses two distinct fields for a page index.
    When executing the /PRINT VIEW command against that view, I have not been able to successfully specify the two values I want to use in the SELECT Statement.

Example:  VIEW1 consists of a page index of LASTNAME ZIPCODE

I want to PRINT the pages that contain all LASTNAME = "Jones" in ZIPCODE = "48301" from reports across a range of GENS.

LASTNAME and ZIPCODE are not defined as cross-report indices

In TSO, if I select a report, and place Jones 48301 in the index value and select VIEW1, I get the subset desired.
    In SARBCH, a command like
    /PRINT VIEW=(1,ADDRESS, )

SELECT 'JONES 48301' ID=ADDRESS GEN=1234

Does not generate the subset

I have not been able to find documentation on this in either the reference or user manual

• 2.  Re: Question regarding /PRINT VIEW= command in SARBCH

Posted Apr 29, 2016 04:07 PM

Hello Christine,

My name is Roxanne and I am going to assist you going forward on your question. I opened a case for you 372310, and what I need is screen prints of your logical view information,  or run SARBCH /LISTVIEW and send the details to the case along with a sample report.

Thank you,

Roxanne Richardson

CA Support  

• 3.  Re: Question regarding /PRINT VIEW= command in SARBCH
    Best Answer

Posted May 03, 2016 07:16 AM

I finally determined that for this to work, the SLECT Statement had to have the page index values concatenated, allowing for the full size of each index.
    So, in the above example of "Jones 48301", it was important to understand that the length of the last name field was 10 characters, making the correct SELECT statement "Jones     48301"