Which command to force an alert?
I need to do a test by sending a trap monitoring the connection of the OSA board. For this, I need the alert to be fired eventually.
About your request on 'Forcing an Alert'.. What are you actually trying to use...
Reacting on SNMP messages? Or sending SNMP messages?
What product are you referring to? Is it CA OPS/MVS or is it CA Automation Point..
Please provide us a little more information about this..
Principal Support Engineer
I need to send an SNMP TRAP, but of a specific metric (STACK - ifStatusOper)
Easiest way to do that is as follows:
2. Filter stack from command line
3. Action 'WI' against the stack
4. Tab down until you see that ifStatusOper attribute for the Link/Qualifier you want
5. UA e Fs ifStatusOper
6. From here just create a bogus value that you know will create an alert condition
7. You can either create an ACTION that has a SNMPTRAP, or you can use =/PARM - Alerts, and create an Alert Forwarder as an SNMP trap.