OPS/MVS

View Only
  • 1.  OPSCTL.MSF clarification with verb DEFAULT

Posted Mar 03, 2019 08:51 AM

In external security, the DEFAULT verb is considered as UPDATE, in the same way as DELETE, DEFINE...

We obtained already a PTF, reducing the amount of calls to the DEFAULT for the GLOBAL variables as result of a case.
    In this case the calls were routed to the own system and had nothing to do with the real usage of MSF.

In the past we also had a discussion about the values of the parameter SEC.AUCTSYNA, used in the security rule, who doesn't returns in some cases the right target.

In certain cases, especially when the option SECURE/NOSECURE of the DEFINE is working as designed (we have a case open for this item) and the authority checking is passed from the system of origin to the target system (see idea), we want authorize the use of the verb DEFAULT.

The problem is that is really unclear when OPSCTL.MSF with the verb DEFAULT is called in OPS/MVS and what is the routing.
    Putting a "?"-sign in 2.6 results in a OPSCTL.MSF DEFAULT to all systems, even before a target system is selected. 

Can somebody provide a  clear list of the internal calls to OPSCTL.MSF with the verb DEFAULT?

Best Regards,

Frank

• 2.  Re: OPSCTL.MSF clarification with verb DEFAULT

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:08 PM

Hi Frank!  

Please open a Support case to address. 

Thank you,

Cindy 

• 3.  Re: OPSCTL.MSF clarification with verb DEFAULT

Posted Mar 07, 2019 08:25 AM

Hi Cindy,

although  still believe that the question is not relevant for me only, I opened a case today.

Best Regards,

Frank

• 4.  Re: OPSCTL.MSF clarification with verb DEFAULT

Posted Mar 08, 2019 03:15 AM

Frank, I think you're right.   I too would like to see that behaviour explained. Is it to block unauthorized targets from the list? IE: if the disp=reject, will the target not be shown?

Marcel van Ek

Atos

• 5.  Re: OPSCTL.MSF clarification with verb DEFAULT

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2019 03:41 AM

Hi Frank, Marcel, there is currently a case open for this and the outcome will be shared at this space, so that everyone can take notice of it... Thanks for bringing it up...

Best regards,

Hennie Hermans

Broadcom.

• 6.  Re: OPSCTL.MSF clarification with verb DEFAULT

Posted Mar 09, 2019 05:10 AM

Thanks Hennie,

Kind regards,

Frank Ternest - Mainframe System • Engineering Enterprise Technology

Services • Corporate Technology

Euroclear SA/NV, 1 Boulevard du Roi Albert II, 1210 Brussels, Belgium

www.euroclear.com

Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless