PDSMAN

View Only
  • 1.  PDSE last refereced date

Posted Feb 10, 2020 02:53 PM
    ​​Good afternoon all,

We are in the process of converting some of our PDS libraries to PDSEs. Our migrations team has a process where they run PDSM27 and get the last date/time of members. Conversion to PDSE has caused PDSM27 to throw "No Control Information Available" for the Update Date/Time column. We have created the VSAM DB and loaded our libraries there. Running PDSM38 now does give that data that I want but it's in a different format than PDSM27. Is there any way to run PDSM27 against my new VSAM DB or if not another utility that produces a similar report?

Just trying to avoid the work it will take to rewrite the cobol that they are using...

------------------------------
    RACF Admin and minor system duties
    State of New York

• 2.  RE: PDSE last refereced date
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2020 01:22 PM
    Hi Manuel,
    We don't have a utility that produces the exact output, but PDSM07 is similar. Here is an extract from a PDSM07 report for a Program Object library:

PDSMAN r7.70 DIRECTORY LISTING
    ** PDSM07 ** CA31-T     PDSM07                                                     FRARA02.MASTER.LOAD.PDSE
    Member              Update Date/Time    Vers.   Job Name        S              Referenced       Base Date
    ABEND0C1        02/20/2015 14:52      002     FRARA02                       06/08/2018         02/20/2015
    ACFTAPE           08/15/2014 15:23     000     FRARA02Z                     03/21/2019         08/15/2014

PDSM07 is designed to report one libary - so the volser and library name are not present. Would something like this work?
    There is another option if not - our ISPF tool, EZYEDIT, has a batch reporting capability that allows defining the output by selecting what fields to include. It might be possible get closer to the PDSM27 output using that. Let me know if you need help setting something up with that.

Regards,
    Ray Frazier
    PDSMAN Level 2

Mainframe Software Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: PDSE last refereced date

Posted Feb 11, 2020 01:50 PM
    ​Thanks for your time Ray. After I posted this message I did see PDSM07 too and that's most likely our answer. PGM=CAWABATC works like a champ too but that will likely big a bigger lift. Most appreciate your reply, Always a pleasure working with the CA/Broadcom folks.

RACF Admin and minor system duties
    State of New York