I would like to briefly take an opportunity to introduce myself to the broader Broadcom Mainframe community. My name is Michael Daubman and I’ve just joined the Broadcom facility at the very end of 2020. I’ve joined the team a senior manager of Product Management in the Mainframe division. The team I’m a part of includes product owners for a variety of core mainframe products including CA1, CA7, IDMS, Datacom, CA GEN, Easytrieve, MICS, XCOM and number of other products that enterprises large and small rely on.
With 2021 well underway, I wanted to take a moment to talk through some of the goals and themes we’re embracing as a team. Questions, comments and discussions are welcome. I would also love re-connecting with my friends in the Mainframe community so please feel free to just reach out and say hello!
- Leverage our community as a voice of our clients: https://community.broadcom.com/mainframesoftware/communities/communityhomeblogs?CommunityKey=c581dd20-140f-4708-b335-eaacc07d6802 (you can find links to the specific product communities from this site)
Many of our product teams are taking this opportunity to work through the existing lists of customer ideas and requirements, renewing a commitment to the community to respond to these requests in a timely manner. We expect to continue to see great two-way dialog feeding into our evolving agile transformation efforts.
- Clear, transparent and consistent communication: Expect to continue to see updates from myself and other leaders in the organization on a regular basis as part of the same above-linked community. As an agile organization we often react quickly to the needs of our clients. Transparently communicating our plan and strategy with our clients is a quick way to get input and adjust to their needs and desires.
- An active focus on Design Thinking to influence our strategy. The above focuses are certainly a part of this. In fact we’re very proud of the relationship we have with our clients and partners. We’ll continue to focus on prioritizing this time with our growing set of “sponsored users” to influence our plans focused primarily on client value. Please reach out if you’re interested in working with us in this capacity as a development partner.
- Continue to grow our “open” strategy that starbursts the value of your Mainframe systems within the enterprise. Expect to continue to see product changes that empower you to open and extend your mainframe investment. This often comes in the form of increased integration with analytics and BI technology, developing well documented RESTful APIs, contributions/integration to open source (e.g., Zowe) and an ever-evolving and improving user experience.
- Lots more great content in our community, virtual conferences / user groups and ever evolving documentation! This also includes a continued priority on remembering that the words we use matter, being sensitive to adjusting the use of common IT terminology that is outdated and in need of an update.
Expect to hear more as the year progresses. Thank you for taking the time to virtually meet me. I look forward to a continued dialog and a chance to update everyone on all the great product improvements, virtual events and educational content being planned.
Senior Manager, Product Management
Broadcom Inc / Mainframe Division
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Mobile: 1-845-235-6572