CA Database Management Solutions 20.0 for z/OS Incremental Release update DBM 20 GA IR 7 was made available January 11, 2019. PTF #SO06863.
Here is a list of some of the enhancements included in this update:
CA Fast Unload® for DB2 for z/OS (CA Fast Unload) enhancements:
- The enhanced LOAD-CONTROL keyword allows generation of free-form load control statements to reload data using CA Fast Load for DB2 for z/OS (CA Fast Load) or Db2 LOAD.
CA Log Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OS (CA Log Analyzer) enhancements:
- New PLA parmlib option PRE_ALLOCATE (E,x) that uses parallel tasks to reduce the elapsed processing time of your jobs when recalling archive log data sets.
CA Quick Copy for DB2 for z/OS (CA Quick Copy) enhancements:
- The new parmlib option PQC-SHRLEVEL-CHANGE-POLICY (NORMAL|STRICT) has been introduced to specify whether to continue processing SHRLEVEL CHANGE incremental image copies or to terminate with RC=8.
CA RC/Migrator™ for DB2 for z/OS (CA RC/Migrator) and CA RC/Update™ for DB2 for z/OS (CA RC/Update) enhancements:
- An RC/Merger move analysis now generates DATASET calls for groups of related objects, including implicitly created tablespaces, tables, and indexes in a single .CALL RCMERGER statement.
CA RC/Query® for DB2 for z/OS (CA RC/Query) enhancements:
- The encryption key (KEY LABEL clause value) is now displayed in the reports.
CA SYSVIEW® Performance Management Option for DB2 (CA SYSVIEW for DB2) enhancements:
- Introduces a new IQL Editor (Windows application) that helps you edit IQL files more easily.
- A new secondary ID utilization trace report (AUDCLKRB) was introduced. This report shows the usage of Kerberos Principal Name.
- DB2 message collection in GSS can now be deactivated.
A complete list of enhancements can be found in the product documentation.
If you would like to learn about what is being developed as it is being developed please join the CA Db2 Tools 20.0 Validation Project to participate in Sprint reviews and have access to early APARs for some enhancements.